Discussiethread HC7000 vs ?

Gestart door bmateijsen, november 1, 2008, 12:10:05

« vorige - volgende »

Harry HT

Hi,
Citaat van: bmateijsen op november  2, 2008, 14:17:25
Ik vind de memory stand een leuke feature, maar als je echt cinemascope wil doen, kan je toch beter naar een anamorfe lens kijk. Dan heb je tenminste het voordeel van volledig paneelgebruik en dus meer lichtopbrengst. Nu is het enkel een memory zoom stand functie.
Ik vind het ook met een extra lensje van > €3.000 en een extra scalertje van > €3.500 mooier  ;D

Gegroet,

Harry
De mooiste
HT & DVD links verzameld

Quote about Being There (1979) "Yes. In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again."

bmateijsen

Scaler is niet echt nodig. Een goede lens  wel.

Groet Bjorn

Randal

Citaat van: J.A.F._Doorhof op november  1, 2008, 17:34:30

Toen haalde Epson en panasonic ineens iedereen in, of wel Sanyo liet enorme steken vallen door hun implementatie van de scaler/deinterlacer die gewoon ver beneden de maat was ....

Die mening wordt gedeeld op diverse ander fora...
Wat ik wel heb vernomen is dat de Sanyo een ander soort doelgroep heeft aangesproken, namelijk gamers... De Sanyo zou veel minder last hebben van input-lag dan de modellen van Epson en Panasonic.
De Pana PT-AE3000 zou nu wel over een game-mode moeten beschikken, maar een dergelijke stand zal (als gewoonlijk) weer flink ten koste gaan van de beeldkwaliteit.

kermit

Citaat van: THX-ultraII op november  2, 2008, 09:46:58
nou, zo te lezen heb ik maar een slechte projector gekocht  :-\
Volgens de review van avforums heb je een zeer goede projector gekocht. De blacklevel komt in de buurt van de JVC HD100.

THX-UltraII

Citaat van: kermit op november  5, 2008, 20:46:05
Volgens de review van avforums heb je een zeer goede projector gekocht. De blacklevel komt in de buurt van de JVC HD100.

lees het ook net ja. Heb gisterenavond nog maar eens goed zitten kijken (nog NIET isf gecal.) en het zwart is uitmuntent goed!

Rob H

Citaat van: bmateijsen op november  2, 2008, 14:17:25
Ik vind de memory stand een leuke feature, maar als je echt cinemascope wil doen, kan je toch beter naar een anamorfe lens kijk. Dan heb je tenminste het voordeel van volledig paneelgebruik en dus meer lichtopbrengst. Nu is het enkel een memory zoom stand functie.

Maar daar hangt dan ook een heel ander prijskaartje aan. Gezien het feit dat deze projector onder de 3000 euro wordt gepositioneerd, is het een bijzonder leuke feature.
Destroy the core!™

reza

Citaat van: THX-ultraII op november  6, 2008, 09:28:41
lees het ook net ja. Heb gisterenavond nog maar eens goed zitten kijken (nog NIET isf gecal.) en het zwart is uitmuntent goed!

Told you ;)
Jezus zegt :'' In het huis van mijn Vader zijn vele kamers''
Reza zegt : '' Kom dus naar binnen"

THX-UltraII

De review op het AVForum ziet er goed uit! Echter, ik heb toch wel wat vraagtekens bij de review van deze Phil Hinton. Hierbij wat stukken die ik uit de review heb gehaald die me opvallen.

CitaatOther changes in the HC7000 include a new optical engine which boasts less light spillage and a better lens unit. The projector uses a 17 piece, 14 cluster optical system equipped with extra dispersion (ED) lenses. The new glass is claimed to almost eliminate chromatic aberration and improve the resolution across the entire screen and has a fixed aperture to help with shading and black performance. This is married to a new optics panel which features precise light focussing of the lamp power through a new optical compensation panel. This is situated between the liquid crystal panel and polarization filter and corrects the projection angle and prevents light leakage. This new set up is said to eliminate almost all the problems associated with such light leakage and increase the overall contrast performance.

ziet eruit als top-notch techniek dus positief lijkt me  ;D

CitaatThe final optical tool utilised in this projector is a new dynamic iris control dubbed 'Diamond black'. Again this technology includes a diamond cut shape to the iris section that prevents light refraction from the iris. So with all this new optical technology we are expecting a far improved black performance from the HC7000 over previous models.

ook dit zou bij moeten dragen aan beter zwart

CitaatLooking at the technology elsewhere on the projector and we find that the unit has a newly developed liquid crystal cooling system. This takes advantage of the larger chassis of the projector to add a new cooling duct design which features new and quieter fans. This is said to reduce noise from the projector down to an incredible 17db, and with the projector running in our review room, I can confidently state here, it's the quietest projector we have ever used!

wisten we al, maar leuk om nogmaals te noemen  ;)

OUT-OF-THE-BOX waardes:

Citaatyou can see that the green point is certainly biased towards yellow and this would also suggest that brightness is what was being aimed at. The other points are also not exactly correct, with red and blue looking slightly over saturated along with Cyan and Magenta towards blue suggesting that images will have a blue look to them. White temperature is also above our standards with the greyscale mix showing that blue is a good 30% higher than it should be, backing up what we have seen so far. However, the greyscale is pretty flat across the board and would suggest that we can calibrate it quite accurately.

Colour Temp out-of-the-box:

RGB out-of-the-box:

Luminance out-of-the-box:

CitaatSo, with a lack of a full CMS (colour management system) there is no fine tuning possible of the primary and secondary colour points, but a greyscale calibration may help us to get things looking better. And, as you can see below, that's exactly what has happened.

colour temp calibrated:

RGB calibrated:

Luminance calibrated:

CitaatWith the greyscale now tracking correctly from 20IRE to 100IRE with DeltaE errors below 2 across the range, our secondary points are now back towards where they should be, rather than having a blue bias. There is nothing we can do to correct the other points, but as you can see there shouldn't be any discernable problems of colours being over saturated.  If anything it looks like our greens will suffer a little from an under saturated but bright look. As you can also see we managed to improve the gamma with the included tools and certainly got it back towards the desired 2.2 result.

CitaatSwitching to the calibrated settings certainly improves things a great deal. The white snow capped mountains now look accurate without any blue highlights and the yellow tinge seems less obvious. But again it's the black levels that really impress here. With the dynamic iris things do look impressive and I didn't really notice that many instances of forced changes within mixed scenes. However, I actually found that with it switched off the image appeared to have more depth and shadow detail available, something I have noticed with every projector that uses the technology. For me, the iris should always be left off to get the very best from the HC7000, and that doesn't mean you are sacrificing any black level performance.

Wat me in bovenstaande quote vnl. opvalt op dat Phil hier zegt dat het het beste is om de Iris UIT te zetten voor de beste performance ZONDER zwart waarde te verliezen  ???. Ik heb hier toch mijn vraagtekens bij zo ook iemand op het AV-forum.

Ik quote wederom een forumlid van AVS:

CitaatI took Phil's advice and turned the iris off. It makes a huge difference and the image is by far more deep and contrast rich without the automation.

wederom een ander forumlid:

CitaatI just don't get it. For me it's the oposite. Turning off the auto iris on my HC 7000 makes my blacks grey. Dark and night scenes it looks really washed out, flat and dull.

met als antwoord van Phil Hinton:

CitaatIt obviously all depends on how you have set up the projector, what picture modes you are in, and of course what your environment is. We test in a full batcave with no light issues. Plus the projector is set up out of the box to its best possible settings close to the standards, watch material, then calibrated.
Switching off the iris should not have a huge effect as the standard point of the HC700 is great. You talking about washing out leads me to think that its either your room or your set up of the brightness that may be off, if that the result your getting. It doesn't make sense to me that if set up correctly it looks like a really big difference. The iris just opens and closes, it doesn't add any picture settings adjustments, so off the picture should look just as good. The HC7000 also has a fixed apature and new light path that does more for the black performance than the iris. Indeed the best PJs out there don't use a dynamic iris but an adjustable or fixed apature control that helps with contrast and dynamic range within the image. As I say, all the iris is doing is shifting light balance between frames and that actually effetcs the dynamic range more than having it switched off. I have yet to see an Iris that is quick enough and accurate enough, not to add issues. Indeed you really need a good starting point for any projector to look good with or without an iris switched on or off. So I can only conclude your set up or environment is causing any wash out you are seeing.

Misschien kunnen Bjorn, Garmt of Frank input geven op de review van deze Phil en dan met name betreffende het Irus aan/uit verhaal. Mij lijkt dat zwart er echt niet beter op wordt door de Iris UIT te zetten. Maar goed, ik ben slechts leek.

Rob_Dingen

Hoi

Ik denk dat een iris vehaal heel persoonlijk is.
Zelf heb ik een enorme hekel aan auto iris systemen omdat ik het zelf namelijk altijd zie.
Als je zelf een projector hebt met iris bekijk maar eens een boel verschillende scenes met en zonder iris en dan met name bijv details in kleur op bijv huidstinten en brightness compressie.
De mooiste iris oplossingen zijn in mijn ogen variable in te stellen irisen dus die niet veranderen tijdens verschillende scenes.

Rob

THX-UltraII

Citaat van: Rob_Dingen op november  6, 2008, 15:26:56
Hoi

Ik denk dat een iris vehaal heel persoonlijk is.
Zelf heb ik een enorme hekel aan auto iris systemen omdat ik het zelf namelijk altijd zie.
Als je zelf een projector hebt met iris bekijk maar eens een boel verschillende scenes met en zonder iris en dan met name bijv details in kleur op bijv huidstinten en brightness compressie.
De mooiste iris oplossingen zijn in mijn ogen variable in te stellen irisen dus die niet veranderen tijdens verschillende scenes.

Rob

nou, we zien het morgen wel Rob! :)