Gestart door Cobraatje, februari 25, 2015, 11:17:42

« vorige - volgende »

Sirius666

Citaat van: Shoalinmonk op december 27, 2015, 18:53:36
Inderdaad veel plezier morgen!!
Extra hulp in huis? zwaar hoor in je eentje.... :P

Ik heb thuis (nog) niet verteld dat er wat nieuws aan zit te komen :D

Lucky.L

Krijg hem ook morgen binnen,maar ik moet nog een paar dagen wachten met aansluiten aangezien de kersboom op de klipsch staat ;D en heel de boel verplaatst gaat worden (wil nu alles in de lengte van mijn huiskamer hebben).
Wat waarschijnlijk geluids technisch een behoorlijke verbetering gaat worden!
Kef R7,Lyngdorf TDAI 3400,Canare 4S11,  Samsung 65QN85A.,Mede8er med600x3d,Panasonic DMP-UB 700 ,  Samsung HW-Q900A

Sirius666

Helemaal nog niet aan gedacht om op fedex.com te kijken :clapping:

Staaled

Citaat van: Raphie op december 27, 2015, 16:49:28
Op zich niet, bij JL betaal je voor design en zit er natuurlijk een hefty NL mark-up op.
Ik doelde op een vergelijk tov de PB1000's die DON al had.
"Inability to accept the mystic experience is more than an intellectual handicap. Lack of awareness of the basic unity of organism and environment is a serious and dangerous hallucination. For in a civilization equipped with immense technological power, the sense of alienation between man and nature leads to the use of technology in a hostile spirit – to the "conquest" of nature instead of intelligent co-operation with nature." (Alan Watts, Psychedelics and Religious Experience, 1968)

Cobraatje

Voor de techneuten onder ons een interessante discussie in het Rythmik topic op het AVS forum over over verschillen in subs: :

Brian Ding zijn eerste reactie was nav dat een forummember een PSA V3600 met 1,700W RMS from an ICEPower amp als betere waardeerde dan een FV15HP 1,000W RMS from an A/B amp:

'ICEPower amps are based on switching mode power supply (SMPS). There is a sizable difference between SMPS based amplifier vs transformer-based amplifeir. SMPS is cheaper to make. SMPS based amplifiers tend to lack the midbass punch and bass authority as compared to the transformer-based amplifiers.
I have a customer bought Captivator 1400 and commented that even though the movies is good, but the music comes up short. He later bought FVX15 and realize how good the music can be.
Another customer bought our F25 and returned a pair of S3000i. His words is "the F25 is FAR superior on music to the PSA S3000i. I have two of them in testing. The single F25 is very close on movies and much much better on music. I am thinking once I get the F25 dialed in, then add a second I will be in heaven!'.

Reactie van een forummember:

Andrew Welker, R&D Manager, Axiom Audio
S&V: How do you feel about the high-efficiency subwoofer amplifier technologies out there, such as Class D, Class G, and Class H? Do you feel a traditional Class AB amp offers better sound? Or do you feel Class AB is still viable?
AW: There's nothing wrong with any of them, particularly when it comes to subs. The sweet spot is in high-efficiency topologies like D or H. because of the environment we're asking those amplifiers to work in. Dealing with a high-powered Class AB amp inside a subwoofer enclosure is difficult. You need massive heat sinks to do that. There's also a lot of concern about power consumption these days. Class D allows us to get a lot of amplifier power in a small package. They don't generate a lot of heat. Standby power can be easily a tenth of that of a similarly powered Class AB amp. So all the amps we use are Class D.
Source: Read more at http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...vIeKHXA1iv1.99

Chris Hagen, Acoustic Systems Development Engineer, Velodyne
S&V: How do you feel about the high-efficiency subwoofer amplifier technologies out there, such as Class D, Class G, and Class H? Do you feel a traditional Class AB amp offers better sound? Or do you feel Class AB is still viable?
CH: We have to remember that a watt is a watt. If you compare equal-caliber amps, you shouldn't hear a difference. Also, if a subwoofer is set up right, to keep you out of a certain area of operation [such as overdriving the subwoofer at low frequencies], you won't hear a difference in the amplifier. With Class AB, you tend to be pushing into the maximum voltage of the power supply rail and it can get close to clipping, but the guy who sets it up should know to keep you out of there.
"If a subwoofer is set up right, to keep you out of a certain area of operation [such as overdriving the subwoofer at low frequencies], you won't hear a difference in the amplifier."

It also gets into efficiency. The audio industry doesn't have the luxury of using inefficient amplifiers to drive speakers anymore. We have to be working toward more efficient speakers and amplifiers. I wouldn't say Class D or H is the only way, but it's definitely going there. As we go into the future we're seeing dwindling resources. If Class D is designed into something and you're properly limiting input and setting it up for the appropriate power output, it's much simpler and more efficient.
Source: Read more at http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...fclsIyGrW1T.99

Tom Vodhanel, President, Power Sound Audio
TV: It's been so long since we worked with an analog amp. Not since 2007. Once you understand the capabilities of the new DSP stuff, it's hard to go back to an analog amp. What may have taken you days or weeks to tweak with different resistors in the analog domain now takes almost no time with DSP.
"Once you understand the capabilities of the new DSP stuff, it's hard to go back to an analog amp."

We've never pushed Class AB as a big sound quality issue, even back in the 1990s. Our first subs were Class AB, so when we first tried digital, the big worry was sound quality. But in every objective test we did—impulse response, group delay, compression, everything we could think of—sound quality issues weren't showing up. This could be because we were limiting the scope of our research to frequencies under 200 Hz, of course.A lot of sound quality myths with two-channel came about for many reasons. Some of the old guys think if the amp doesn't weight 100 pounds it's no good. Some of the earlier switching [Class D] amps had issues at higher frequencies, but because we were using them only for subwoofers, that wasn't an issue for us. With today's digital amps—well, you can get crappy samples of everything—but if you're willing to pay a little extra, the digital [amplifier] platforms these days are just amazing. Even with our less expensive Power X line, all the amps have full DSP capabilities and are safety-certified at the factory.
Source: Read more at http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...fshiuXQ4m7W.99

Reactie van Brian Ding

I know these guys you mentioned all have credits. But I also have credit. I have a Ph.D in electrical engineering. So you need to understand why I said what I said.

DSP is good, but is not perfect. There was a company that claimed they can make a NHT speaker generate a perfect impulse response. I visited the company's booth in CES and asked the engineer just one simple question, does that mean the true quality of the speakers is no longer important? He refused to answer my question in front of other customers and wanted me to go away. The truth is like this. First, all speakers have characteristics changing between small signals and large signals.

What is a bad speaker? A bad speaker is a speaker exhibit wild difference between small signal characteristic and large signal characteristic. Does the DSP fix the small signal characteristic or the large signal characteristic? DSP is a linear operation, it cannot fix both. But servo can fix both. Secondly, you know the car you drive does age and its feel is difference when it is cold vs when it is hot. Why do you think the subwoofer is any different? When it ages, the frequency response also changes. Does the DSP correct that? No. When the voice coil in the subwoofer is cold vs when it is hot, the frequency response is also different. Some called it thermal compression. I prefer to call it thermal memory effect. What is memory effect? If you press a memory foam, you will notice the impress takes some time to recover. The thermal effect on voice coil works the same way. You will hear the term thermal stress very often to explain how a voice coil can be fried. Now think of how the thermal comes and goes in voice coil. Does DSP correct that? No.

Some subwoofers have such as poor memory effect, people think the subwoofer sounds slow with respect to the other channels. That slowness is a profound characteristic. Otherwise, all we have to do is move the subwoofer closer to us to correct it. Lastly, we all heard the term "unit-to-unit" variation. I can even extend that to "batch-to-batch" variation. How many times people find the actual frequency response is different from published spec? In fact, these variations do exist and is the explanation of what had happened (assuming the manufacturer does not make up the spec in the first place) . How does DSP address that? It cannot. Do you really think they will give each batch a different DSP correction? That will only create more service problem. As a result, you will see some frequency response measured by third party that does not look like smooth curve at all. It is a clear indication that imperfect EQ has been applied and as a result wavy frequency response is measured, especially when the reviewer pick a random unit from the market place without manufacturer's acknowledgement. It is imperfect because the correction is only valid to the sample unit in engineer's hand. If they find the production units are different from the sample unit, what do you think they will do? You would have guessed it right. Ship it. The customers will buy that DSP rubber stamp. Servo is different. It is a closed loop feedback system. It takes the unit-to-unit/batch-to-batch variation into account and adjust the needed correction. So now you can guess how can DSP generate a perfect impulse response? It can, but only at one particular level that the engineer samples. That is the reason I was sent away because the R&D already know the limitation. If TV is selling that DSP to me, I will chanllenge the same thing. DSP only works with the assumption of a model. Who double check if the model is correct? If no one does, it is just a rubber stamp. Not only that, you know that two bad characteristics in the system, instead of just one.

Now in terms of amplifier class, we also use class-D amplifiers. So I don't think there is a problem with class D amps. But I do think the transformer based amplifiers will sound better in bass and the argument does not come from weight. It is more from the technical difference if you care to understand. In your transformer-based design, the wall power goes to the transformer first and is rectified and then pass to large power capacitors. These capacitors gets charged at a rate of 120hz. Now even though I say it is at 120hz, the actual charge time is only 1/10 of the 120hz (or about 1ms duration). For the other 9/10 of the 120hz cycle, the energy comes from the power caps themselvs only (as if the wall power is gone). Moreover, you notice that the bass frequency we talk about, say 20hz, takes a span of 6 charging cycle. This is how you notice the bass signal can have a different impact than a 1khz signal on the power supply becasue the latter can be completely covered in one charging cycle. Now the most important thing for us to take note is there is no resistance between the power capacitors and the power supply of the amplifier because it is just a wire connection. So the power amplifier can take whatever is in power capacitors without restriction.
So much as that I can short the power amplifier's power supply to get the max amount of current. To be more precise, I can short the power amplifier supply and the power supply unit can still survive. Not only that, you can get an electrical arc if you do with a contact, confirming the current supply is almost infinite. Certainly we don't want to do it too many times. But in short it will not be catastrophic. Now for the SMPS (switching mode power supply), the transformer sits after the power capacitors. So when transfer energy from power capacitors to the amplifier it goes through these components: MOSFET, transformer, and then rectifier. All of these components create IR drop (current times resistance) which restricts the current flow. Now try to short the power supplier of SMPS. Not only you can destroy the SMPS, you will never see the same electric arc because the current is limited. In short, it just does not supply the current in a snap.

rovinggecko

Vraag me af wat de Hypex mannen denken van dergelijke uitspraken. Zij maken niet de minste versterkers en met smps...
HT: Linkwitz LX521.4 || Meridian G68, HD621 || sMS-200 SOtM & Singxer SU-1 || 13 x Hypex UCD180||  Scanspeak A4 monitor rears & center
Stereo: Linkwitz' Pluto's || RPI met Pi2 Design Tube Hat ||  Roon nuc streamer
Roving Gecko's Woonkamer

morca

Hij heeft het ook veel over de servodriver.
Imo hoeft een goeie sub niet perse een servo te hebben .
Zit een beetje een , ik weet het beter ondertoon in ze interview omdat hij ervoor geleerd heeft.....

Cobraatje

Dat vind ik ook en ik als niet techneut ben benieuwd wat de tegenargumenten tegen zijn visie zijn.

Raphie

Het is toch héél simpel, klasse D is véél goedkoper, zuiniger en makkelijker te fabriceren.
Het is niet beter. Maar de industrie kijkt alleen naar savings. Als ze 80% van de kwaliteit kunnen halen voor 20% v/d cost, dan doen ze dat.  Klasse D is nog altijd een consessie op kwaliteit.
Maar brengt wel weer andere voordelen, het is maar net wat je belangrijker vindt.
Hetzelfde met gloeilampen en en LED, het doet hetzelfde, maar ervaart toch nét even anders
JBL PRX Power!

martien

Ik vind het een goed onderbouwd verhaal!
Het geeft de voordelen van servo,  het is dan zeker niet per definitie waar, dat alle niet-servo subs slecht zijn!
Ik denk dat rythmik gewoon een erg goed product verkoopt.
En niet een; veel watts, dsp, bla bla, marketing product.
Dat waardeer ik. Het is alleen jammer dat er geen dealer is.
Maar eigenlijk bevestigd dat dan ook weer mijn eerste gedachte.

morca

Citaat van: Raphie op december 28, 2015, 10:26:13
Het is toch héél simpel, klasse D is véél goedkoper, zuiniger en makkelijker te fabriceren.
Het is niet beter. Maar de industrie kijkt alleen naar savings. Als ze 80% van de kwaliteit kunnen halen voor 20% v/d cost, dan doen ze dat.  Klasse D is nog altijd een consessie op kwaliteit.
Maar brengt wel weer andere voordelen, het is maar net wat je belangrijker vindt.
Hetzelfde met gloeilampen en en LED, het doet hetzelfde, maar ervaart toch nét even anders
Ik zou het wel eens willen testen met een AB op se sub,s.
20 % is best nog wat.

morca

Citaat van: martien op december 28, 2015, 10:29:24
Ik vind het een goed onderbouwd verhaal!
Het geeft de voordelen van servo,  het is dan zeker niet per definitie waar, dat alle niet-servo subs slecht zijn!
Ik denk dat rythmik gewoon een erg goed product verkoopt.
En niet een; veel watts, dsp, bla bla, marketing product.
Dat waardeer ik. Het is alleen jammer dat er geen dealer is.
Maar eigenlijk bevestigd dat dan ook weer mijn eerste gedachte.
Veel watt,s hoeft geen bla bla te zijn,dat is soms ook nodig.
De dsp is met de komst van ADSY XT32 en nog wat systemen niet echt nodig meer.
Dus die zou overbodig kunnen zijn,
De plate,s van Rythmik hebben wel een dsp .......trouwens.
Wel met 1 band maar dat noemen ze bij veel merken dsp,dus Rythmik past dat zelf ook toe  ;)

martien

Citaat van: morca op december 28, 2015, 10:40:32
Veel watt,s hoeft geen bla bla te zijn,dat is soms ook nodig.
De dsp is met de komst van ADSY XT32 en nog wat systemen niet echt nodig meer.
Dus die zou overbodig kunnen zijn,
De plate,s van Rythmik hebben wel een dsp .......trouwens.
Wel met 1 band maar dat noemen ze bij veel merken dsp,dus Rythmik past dat zelf ook toe  ;)

klopt, ik bedoel ook niet dat het altijd bla bla marketing is. excuus.
maar in andere gevallen wel; .... watt dsp controlled enz.
bij mijn sunfire bv. was het toen ook 1000 watt, geweldige sub, nou denk dat het in dat geval toch wel een verkooppraatje was.
het is dan niet per definitie een goede sub, voor film misschien, voor muziek iets minder, het kan voor de 1000-1100 die hij toen koste wel beter.

morca

Citaat van: martien op december 28, 2015, 10:54:25
bij mijn sunfire bv. was het toen ook 1000 watt, geweldige sub, nou denk dat het in dat geval toch wel een verkooppraatje was.
het is dan niet per definitie een goede sub, voor film misschien, voor muziek iets minder, het kan voor de 1000-1100 die hij toen koste wel beter.
Ik bedoelde er verder ook niet veel mee.
Idd wat jij aanhaalt klopt zeker wel,er zijn veel merken die beter voor het geld kunnen.

GOOS88

Citaat van: martien op december 28, 2015, 10:54:25

Die 1000w van de sunfire is short term vermogen denk ik. De amp is afgezekerd op 2A, deze kan kan dus nooit 1000w continue leveren.
Mooi verkooppraatje idd.

Ondanks dat zijn het leuke subs, zelf een Hrs12 gehad. Wel Zwaar overpriced..
* Marantz AV7706 , Xbox Series X , Intel NUC , Hypex Ncore *
* Klipsch RF-7 , RC-7 , RS-7 , RS-52 * 5.2.2 Atmos *
* DIY sub: Dual Dayton RSS315HF Closed *
* DIY sub: Dayton UM12-22 Ported *

morca

Citaat van: GOOS88 op december 28, 2015, 11:08:46
Die 1000w van de sunfire is short term vermogen denk ik. De amp is afgezekerd op 2A, deze kan kan dus nooit 1000w continue leveren.
Mooi verkooppraatje idd.

Ondanks dat zijn het leuke subs, zelf een Hrs12 gehad. Wel Zwaar overpriced..
Klasse D gebruikt ook niet veel stroom.
Vooral samen met een schakelende voeding niet.

GOOS88

Citaat van: morca op december 28, 2015, 11:17:20
Klasse D gebruikt ook niet veel stroom.

Heeft er niks mee te maken

Als er 1000w uit moet, moet er ook 1000w in.

Rendement is nooit meer als 100%

DofN

Citaat van: morca op december 28, 2015, 10:37:03
Ik zou het wel eens willen testen met een AB op se sub,s.
20 % is best nog wat.

Die 20% minder kwaliteit is 100% uit de lucht gegrepen. Zulke stevige uitspraken zijn eerder hilarisch dan dat je er serieus op moet ingaan.
You changed the outcome by measuring it! - Professor Farnsworth
NAD M33, Dali Epicon 6 en 2 x JL-E112, Bacch binaural software

morca

Citaat van: GOOS88 op december 28, 2015, 11:18:44
Heeft er niks mee te maken

Als er 1000w uit moet, moet er ook 1000w in.

Rendement is nooit meer als 100%
Voor een Inuke 3000 lees ik in de spec,s: Power consumption @ 4 ohms 620 W
Maar hij geeft 2 keer 680 bij 4 ohm dat is 2 keer zoveel.
Al ik betwijfel of hij dat ook echt geeft  ;D

morca

Citaat van: doorofnight op december 28, 2015, 11:19:53
Die 20% minder kwaliteit is 100% uit de lucht gegrepen. Zulke stevige uitspraken zijn eerder hilarisch dan dat je er serieus op moet ingaan.
Dus ik hoef me Denon,s niet aan de sub,s te gaan hangen om te testen  ;)

GOOS88

Citaat van: morca op december 28, 2015, 11:30:21
Voor een Inuke 3000 lees ik in de spec,s: Power consumption @ 4 ohms 620 W
Maar hij geeft 2 keer 680 bij 4 ohm dat is 2 keer zoveel.
Al ik betwijfel of hij dat ook echt geeft  ;D

Dat zal denk ik een gemiddeld opgenomen vermogen zijn icm muzieksignaal.

Lucky.L

De mijne zou vandaag binnen komen,maar het is verschoven naar morgen  ??? !
Kef R7,Lyngdorf TDAI 3400,Canare 4S11,  Samsung 65QN85A.,Mede8er med600x3d,Panasonic DMP-UB 700 ,  Samsung HW-Q900A

martien

het is jammer dat ik moet werken, en pas vanavond even tijd krijg om mijn nieuwe sub uit te pakken, maar hij is iig binnen. :pompom:

DofN

Citaat van: morca op december 28, 2015, 11:31:19
Dus ik hoef me Denon,s niet aan de sub,s te gaan hangen om te testen  ;)

Misschien wel, als je eens een heel andere ervaring wil?
You changed the outcome by measuring it! - Professor Farnsworth
NAD M33, Dali Epicon 6 en 2 x JL-E112, Bacch binaural software

Shoalinmonk

Gaaf dat hij binnen is !

Ik heb net Brain gemaild voor nog een betaallink.
Dual F15HP-SE wordt werkelijkheid, als ik dezelfde condities los krijg.

Veel plezier vanavond !
Cinemike Marantz AV7702 mkII 'voll Stufe' ~ 2x MM8077: 1x Cinemike 'voll Stufe und Brucking' ~ Cinemike Marantz UD7007 'voll Stufe', Cinemike Zappiti Reference,  Cinemike Sony x800m2, Qnap TVS 673e 64gb, Monitor Audio Platinum: PL200II, PLC150II, PL100, PLICII, JL Audio F113v2, JVC NZ7, Philips 65PUK7120, in de tuin: Marantz M-CR511, Monitor Audio Climate 80