mail from the artist Fred Simon

Gestart door wil, november 9, 2005, 14:49:37

« vorige - volgende »

wil

Soms gebeuren er grappige dingen. Enige tijd geleden heb ik via e-bay een cd gekocht van Fred Simon: Dreamhouse. Erg mooie en lekker luisterbare pianojazz. Hier een beschrijving van het NAIM label:

Fred Simon has been making music for over thirty years, composing for records, live performance, film, dance, and television, with instrumentation ranging from solo piano to symphonic orchestra.

Fred has recorded and/or performed with Ralph Towner, Paul McCandless, Larry Coryell, Lyle Mays, Iain Matthews (founding member of Fairport Convention), Jerry Goodman (Mahavishnu Orchestra violinist), Steve Rodby and Paul Wertico (both with Pat Metheny Group), Bonnie Herman (Singers Unlimited), Kurt Elling, Fareed Haque, David Onderdonk, Ingrid Graudins, Ross Traut, The Stan Kenton Orchestra, and many others.

Krijg ik gisteren de volgende e-mail:

Van:  eBay-lid: ******** <[email protected]>
Antwoorden aan:  ****@aol.com
Verzonden:  woensdag 9 november 2005 0:22:20
Aan:  ********@hotmail.com
Onderwerp:  Bericht van eBay-lid

Hi,

I noticed that you bought a copy of my album Dreamhouse. I hope you dig it.

If you feel moved to do so, I'd love to hear what you thought of the record after you've listened to it.

All the best,
Fred Simon

Toch leuk dat zo'n artiest benieuwd is naar waar zijn muziek terecht komt, ook al is het dan via e-bay gekocht. Grappig hé? :)

wil

Pathos Logos
Lector CDP-603
Marantz DV7600
Sonus Faber Cremona M
VPI Scout | AT-OC9XML | ifi Zen Phono
Nordost Blue Heaven | Funk BS2 |  Lapp Öllflex | Concept & Design
Panasonic TH42PV60

garmtz

Peerless Monster

Das echt vet Wil!
Contact blijven houden.
ALs ie nu in Nederland kom optreden dan mag ie bij jouw koffie komen drinken.
Komen wij ook allemaal ;D
Classe Omega MKII | Audio Research SP-11 | ARC VT130SE | PS Audio BHK 250 | PS Audio P10 | PS Audio Perfectwave DSD DAC  | PS Audio Perfectewave Transport | Acoustat model one + one | Michell | Dual CS510 platenspeler

wil

Citaat van: Peerless Monster op november  9, 2005, 15:13:16
Das echt vet Wil!
Contact blijven houden.
ALs ie nu in Nederland kom optreden dan mag ie bij jouw koffie komen drinken.
Komen wij ook allemaal ;D
Ja leuk, dan kopen we twee partytenten en zetten er een piano in voor een leuk openluchtconcert ;D

Pathos Logos
Lector CDP-603
Marantz DV7600
Sonus Faber Cremona M
Panasonic TH42PV60

Peerless Monster

Ja dat is nog eens een mooi idee.
Ik heb wel eens een KEF Reference model 200C te koop gehad en toen woonde ik nog bij mijn ouders thuis.
Ik weet niet of de jongen hier rond loopt op dit forum, maar hij was pianoleraar (en Belg, vreemd he?) en kon ook vreselijk goed spelen op de piano die mijn ouders hebben staan. Ik heb het autodidactisch geleerd, maar ik speel dus van blad af en kan dus geen noot spelen zonder blad, naja op die stukken na die ik in mijn vingers heb zitten...
Maar die gast kon spelen! Op een oude piano, maar sjees dat klonk door merg en been.
Errug gaaf om zoiets thuis te hebben, dus als je de kans krijgt Wil: Doen!
Classe Omega MKII | Audio Research SP-11 | ARC VT130SE | PS Audio BHK 250 | PS Audio P10 | PS Audio Perfectwave DSD DAC  | PS Audio Perfectewave Transport | Acoustat model one + one | Michell | Dual CS510 platenspeler

wil

Citaat van: Peerless Monster op november  9, 2005, 15:22:08
Errug gaaf om zoiets thuis te hebben, dus als je de kans krijgt Wil: Doen!
Wie weet lukt het ooit nog wel eens een keer om een meet-n-greet met muziek te organiseren. Zie hieronder:

Pathos Logos
Lector CDP-603
Marantz DV7600
Sonus Faber Cremona M
Panasonic TH42PV60

wil

Het vervolg. Als reactie op de e-mail van Fred Simon schreef ik o.a. het volgende:

Van:  Wil *************<********@hotmail.com>
Verzonden:  woensdag 9 november 2005 15:12:45
Aan:  ********@aol.com
Onderwerp:  RE: Bericht van eBay-lid

Hi Fred,

What a surprise to receive an e-mail from the artist himself . As you have noticed I bought your cd by ebay for some reasons. First, it is hard to get cd from the NAIM label in the Netherlands. Mostly these cd's have to be purchased abroad and the duration to get the record in house is about 4 to 6 weeks!. Purchasing by ebay will sometimes run faster. Secondly, I'm a Dutchman (haha ), so buying on ebay is a lot cheaper than directly by NAIM or via my local recordshop.

About your cd Dreamhouse... I've listened it for several times and until now it is one of my favourite recordings from the NAIM label. At this cd you found a nice match between the more complex fusion jazz of Pat Metheny, Keith Jarrett and Gary Boyle and the sweeter and easier listenable music from Patrick Noland and the Dutch musician Harmen Fraanje. So, thank you for that music! I'm very interested in more music from you and other musicians who are composing its music on the borderline between jazz and classic without becoming boring and conservative.

If you have suggestions or even demo's (If needed, I'll give you my postal address) from it, I would appreciate it very much. As a consequence of your e-mail, I have posted it on a hifi/home theater forum in the Netherlands. The members of this forum are merely enthusiastic musiclovers with special interest in high-end audio systems (ahum... whatever that may be ). I hope that more members of that forum will read that and buy your cd's in future. Unfortunately for you, but the language at that forum is in Dutch, but if you want, I will translate it for you, or better... register yourself (free!) and post your own vison in that topic. All members will react for you in English. The URL of the topic is this: http://www.htforum.nl/yabbse/index.php?topic=36452.msg513190#msg513190

With kind regards and hoping to hear more from you by mail and via my own hifisystem,

Wil

Ik dacht, laat ik die goede man een beetje promoten in Nederland. Tenslotte is elke publiciteit voor hem weer een extra opsteker en is het iemand die zijn muziekliefhebbers serieus neemt. Kortom, forummers! koop zijn cd's! ;D
De reactie die hierop volgde:

Van:  <*******@aol.com>
Verzonden:  donderdag 10 november 2005 0:00:51
Aan:  ********@hotmail.com
Onderwerp:  Re: Bericht van eBay-lid

Hi Wil,

Thanks so much for your kind letter; I'm really glad you're enjoying the music. Given that, I know you would also enjoy my second album on the Naim label: Remember the River, which is a trio comprised of Paul McCandless (Oregon) on woodwinds, Steve Rodby (Pat Metheny Group) on bass, and me on piano and compositions. I'm very proud of it, and Paul feels it's some of his best recorded work.

Feel free to spread the word in Holland. I have a good friend who lives in Horst, the singer-songwriter Iain Matthews, who was a member of Fairport Convention. He and I have done some recording and writing together, and he loves jazz. I'd love to have the opportunity to play in Holland and visit someday.

All the best,
Fred

Ik heb nooit geweten dat er bandleden van het oude Fairport Convention in Nederland woonden. Zo kun je ook globaal uitrekenen welke leeftijd deze mensen hebben ;).
Oh ja, het tweede album waar Fred het over heeft is "Remember the River". Je begrijpt, ik moet die man even supporten en die cd van hem kopen. Ik heb deze nog nooit op e-bay zien zwerven, dus bestel ik hem maar gewoon op www.thenaimlabel.co.uk.

Over deze cd op de NAIM website:
Remember The River is Fred Simon's eagerly awaited second album for The Naim Label. It sees Fred in a trio setting once again, this time accompanied by the musical alchemists Paul McCandless on reeds and Steve Rodby on double bass. Fred wrote each track on the disc, injecting his sense of beautiful musicality into every inch of the score. The piano sounds as light as a feather under his touch, the bass a perfect complement in Steve's hands. Paul's floating and innovative sound has the effect of transporting the whole composition to a higher plane.

For years, Paul has played with the relentlessly innovative group, Oregon, winning many awards and nominations for his playing. He is a talented multi-instrumentalist, as can be seen by reading his list of involvement on Remember The River. Bassist and co-producer of the Pat Metheny Group, Steve Rodby has won several Grammys for his work. His rapport with the bass is second to none, easily coaxing out a deep and wondrously rich sound; smooth yet authoritative.

This disc is a True Stereo recording by Ken Christianson. It was recorded live with two microphones.

Dus wie weet krijgt Fred ooit de "opportunity to play in Holland" en kunnen we aldaar een meet-n-greet organiseren :).

We houden het warm ;).

wil

Pathos Logos
Lector CDP-603
Marantz DV7600
Sonus Faber Cremona M
Panasonic TH42PV60

FrankB

Dankzij dit topic heb ik iig uitgevonden dat ik de Dreamhouse cd van Fred Simon echt geweldig vindt. Dus die ga ik zeker nog bestellen.

Leuk dat hij zo enthousiast reageert!
2x Devialet Silver Phantom's - Firmware 1.4.1.12
Devialet Dialog - Firmware 1.4.1.12

Sjors

Geweldig Wil! erg leuk  :)

Groet, Sjors

wil

Pathos Logos
Lector CDP-603
Marantz DV7600
Sonus Faber Cremona M
Panasonic TH42PV60

Marcel_T.

Heeft hij toevallig een broer die Paul heet?

;-)
Sony 55A90J | Pioneer SC-LX83 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | PS4pro | Humax 5050c | B&W CDM 9NT | B&W CDM CNT | REL Storm III | Sennheiser HD 650

Sjors

Citaat van: Marcel_T. op november 15, 2005, 11:30:47
Heeft hij toevallig een broer die Paul heet?

;-)

Paul Simon   :)   nee die komt uit een heel ander straatje ben ik bang  ;)

Groet, Sjors