Saving Private Ryan Sapphire Edition

Started by flash1982, February 16, 2010, 21:56:34

Previous topic - Next topic

flash1982

Paramount Home Entertainment has announced the details for Saving Private Ryan: Sapphire Edition, scheduled for release on May 4. This two-disc edition includes over three hours of bonus features that take viewers into the past for a look at the real-life events that inspired the film and behind-the-scenes to explore the challenges of bringing that past to life. The film is presented in 1080p High Definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French, Spanish and Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital, along with English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.

Special features include:
An Introduction: Director Steven Spielberg discusses his interest in WWII and how it led him to make the film.
Looking Into the Past: Steven Spielberg explains the research done for the film, the evolution of the screenplay and his intentions.
Miller and his Platoon: Steven Spielberg, Tom Hanks and other cast members introduce the different characters and how the actors worked together.
Boot Camp: Memories from the cast about the intense boot camp they went through with Captain Dale Dye.
Making Saving Private Ryan: Steven Spielberg and his collaborators discuss the look of the film, the production design, the costumes and the photography.
Re-creating Omaha Beach: A look at how the filmmakers re-created this historical event.
Music and Sound: Discussion with the team that edited, scored and brought sound to the film.
Parting Thoughts: Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks share their final thoughts on the experience of making the film.
Into the Breach: Saving Private Ryan: A 25-minute documentary with the cast and crew.
Shooting War: Tom Hanks hosts and narrates this documentary on WWII combat photographers in Europe and the Pacific theater of war.
Theatrical Trailer (in HD)
Re-Release Trailer (in HD)

squeek

Eindelijk!  :happy:

echt nog eens een release om naar uit te kijken. de dvd bevatte al top geluid, nu moet ik de kogels rond men oren voelen vliegen gewoon  :D
Onkyo TX-RZ50| Panasonic DP-UB424 | Epson tw9200 | Projecta | PS5 | Monitor audio Silver 7G 500 fronts, 100 surrounds,  AMS atmos | SVS pc13 Ultra |

Lars_Portman

Dit is er zeker 1 om naar uit te kijken!  Eindelijk komt die ook  :pompom:
Versterking : LINN - PRETEK (Phono)- LINN Powertek SE.
Bron:TeraDac PSU| SB3 SE MOD. |Airfix Feeds
Acoustic Energy AE100 – Filter MOD.

bart_nl

alleen jammer dat ik bij "Sapphire Edition" bepaald niet gerust ben op een fatsoenlijke transfer. Qua film een must-have maar ik wacht wel eerst de reviews af.

celerontje

Hoezo?
Alleen Gladiator was slecht. (better one is on it's way)
Bovendien geldt dat ''Sapphire''' alleen voor Amerika, de EU versie krijgt die onzin niet op het doosje. ;D
If you want to see The Dark Knight really ''dark'', then simply power-off your projector! ;)

I will look for you, I will find you, and I will make an HT addict of you!

LAZORKITTEH

Is het al bekend of de UK release Nederlandse ondertitels zal bevatten?

celerontje

If you want to see The Dark Knight really ''dark'', then simply power-off your projector! ;)

bart_nl

Quote from: celerontje on February 20, 2010, 02:20:07de EU versie krijgt die onzin niet op het doosje. ;D
maar bij de Gladiator helaas wel in het doosje ;)

Staaled

"Inability to accept the mystic experience is more than an intellectual handicap. Lack of awareness of the basic unity of organism and environment is a serious and dangerous hallucination. For in a civilization equipped with immense technological power, the sense of alienation between man and nature leads to the use of technology in a hostile spirit – to the "conquest" of nature instead of intelligent co-operation with nature." (Alan Watts, Psychedelics and Religious Experience, 1968)

Jack-uit-Boz

Van de Blu-ray.com website:

Rumor: Remastered Gladiator Blu-ray Coming Up

Posted February 8, 2010 04:40 PM by Juan Calonge

Paramount The Digital Bits, quoting industry sources, is reporting that Paramount Home Entertainment, in cooperation with Universal Studios Home Entertainmment, will re-issue Gladiator on Blu-ray later this year, using a brand-new 1080p transfer that was just completed "a couple of months ago." Bill Hunt says this was done "after Paramount and Universal realized how bad the first one was, naturally."

Again according to the Bits' sources, the studio plans to schedule this Blu-ray rerelease for late summer or fall, to coincide with either the theatrical or (more probably) the home video release of Ridley Scott's Robin Hood, and possibly labeled as a 10th Anniversary Edition.

There is no information as to whether there will be an exchange program for the first edition of this title. There is no information either of a rerelease in other territorie

Staaled

"Inability to accept the mystic experience is more than an intellectual handicap. Lack of awareness of the basic unity of organism and environment is a serious and dangerous hallucination. For in a civilization equipped with immense technological power, the sense of alienation between man and nature leads to the use of technology in a hostile spirit – to the "conquest" of nature instead of intelligent co-operation with nature." (Alan Watts, Psychedelics and Religious Experience, 1968)

LAZORKITTEH

Dat is minder om te horen. Ik heb Gladiator hier liggen, maar heb hem nog niet bekeken.
Dit klinkt niet goed  :-[

celerontje

Je gaat me toch niet vertellen dat de hele commotie op internet je ontgaan is? :o

skank1

Quote from: Jack-uit-Boz on February 21, 2010, 21:41:22
Van de Blu-ray.com website:

Rumor: Remastered Gladiator Blu-ray Coming Up

Posted February 8, 2010 04:40 PM by Juan Calonge

Paramount The Digital Bits, quoting industry sources, is reporting that Paramount Home Entertainment, in cooperation with Universal Studios Home Entertainmment, will re-issue Gladiator on Blu-ray later this year, using a brand-new 1080p transfer that was just completed "a couple of months ago." Bill Hunt says this was done "after Paramount and Universal realized how bad the first one was, naturally."

Again according to the Bits' sources, the studio plans to schedule this Blu-ray rerelease for late summer or fall, to coincide with either the theatrical or (more probably) the home video release of Ridley Scott's Robin Hood, and possibly labeled as a 10th Anniversary Edition.

There is no information as to whether there will be an exchange program for the first edition of this title. There is no information either of a rerelease in other territorie

mooi , wacht ik nog even :)
HT stijnopolis: Epson TW9300, Marantz sr7010, Custom 21:9 widescreen, Vero 4K, Fronts: Focal 826V, Center: Focal CC800V, Surrounds: Focal SR700 SurroundBacks: Focal 807V + Norstone stylum 2 stands.., Dual sub: SVS PC12SND-DSP/SVS Pb12+
Woonkamer setup: LG 4K Oled Tv 55C7V, Shield TV, Orange TV , JBL Bar 9.1
Gaming: : PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Wii

LAZORKITTEH

Quote from: celerontje on February 22, 2010, 12:46:38
Je gaat me toch niet vertellen dat de hele commotie op internet je ontgaan is? :o

Dit was een van de weinige releases die ik blind gekocht heb.
Doe ik dus nooooit weer  >:(

celerontje

Ik koop ook wel eens iets blind hoor, maar de Gladiator BD was al in ophef voordat-ie in de winkel lag. ;) (don't be ashamed)

mart

Een ding is zeker.Deze uitgave is ronduit belabberd slecht kwa beeld. >:(!!.
Na een paar minuten had ik het wel gezien.Een totale miskoop :-[

celerontje

mart

Quote from: celerontje on April 29, 2010, 15:03:52
Eigenwijs geweest? :devil:

Klopt wel ;D. Bij deze GRATIS aftehalen. Ik verstuur NIET!
Zoiets durf ik niet te verpatsen!!.

celerontje

mart

Nooff

ik vind de kwaliteit ook niet best hoor  ;)

Staaled

de DVD was al grainy/bruin/flets.

En nu?

celerontje

Quote from: Hipster on April 29, 2010, 16:31:06
de DVD was al grainy/bruin/flets.

En nu?
Tuurlijk, deze film hoort felle Austin Powers kleurtjes te hebben... :dry: :baaa:

Jongens, het beeld wordt overal zeer positief beoordeeld in de reviews, (ook op DVDbeaver.com, een zeer goede site)
alleen kunnen jullie de ''look'' niet waarderen.

Quote from: Nooff on April 29, 2010, 16:25:32
ik vind de kwaliteit ook niet best hoor  ;)
De WOII was nog vele malen minder! ;)

Staaled

Quote from: celerontje on April 29, 2010, 17:38:04
Tuurlijk, deze film hoort felle Austin Powers kleurtjes te hebben... :dry: :baaa:

Jongens, het beeld wordt overal zeer positief beoordeeld in de reviews, (ook op DVDbeaver.com, een zeer goede site)
alleen kunnen jullie de ''look'' niet waarderen.
De WOII was nog vele malen minder! ;)
Was ook mijn "insteek" , prutwoord trouwens. :crazy: