Neil Young Archives: 10-delige BluRay set; alle muziek 24/192

Started by Shorty, May 12, 2009, 15:50:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Shorty

Ik dacht al dat ie nooit meer kwam, maar eindelijk is ie uitgebracht.....  :-*

QuoteNeil Young Archives: Volume 1 1963-1972 On 10 x Blu-Ray Disc Box Set + Digital Download Card For Entire Set

Unprecedented First Volume in the Series of New Box Sets from the Neil Young Archives on Blu-ray Disc!

128 songs, 55 bonus audio tracks, 24-bit/192kHz PCM Stereo Sound Offer Unparalleled Immersion!

Guaranteed to Change the Way You Experience Music!

Call it groundbreaking, amazing, unprecedented, exciting, absorbing, unparalleled, life-altering. Yes, it turns out that Neil Young truly waited for technology to catch up to him. A visionary release, the jaw-dropping first volume of the iconic artist's decades-in-the-making Archives series on Blu-ray Disc will literally change the way you experience music and connect with artists.

If you are any kind of Neil Young fan, or simply a connoisseur of great audio quality and state-of-the-art technology, you will want this collection. We guarantee that you have never seen or heard anything like Archives on Blu-ray Disc, which sets the bar for how bands will present their material. Famous for being a stickler for precision and the best possible quality, Young has accepted nothing less than the absolute highest standard.

The 10-disc Blu-ray set includes 128 tracks (48 of which are previously unreleased), the debut of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member's 1973 film Journey Through the Past, a specially designed box, and a 236-page leather-bound book constructed according to Young's specifications. But that's just the beginning. The Blu-ray format offers amenities and elements that have never appeared on any music release, including cutting-edge menus, pristine picture quality, download abilities, and state-of-the-art sound that must be seen and heard to be believed.

Stunning features include:

·    24-bit/192kHz stereo PCM sound meticulously mastered from the original analog tapes by longtime Young associate and producer L.A. Johnson. Vinyl enthusiasts, take note: Digital has never sounded so rich or warm.

·   A digital download card for free download of all 128 songs as high-quality digital files. Young is giving buyers high-res digital files of songs from the entire set in the highest-resolution possible, as to not compromise any sonic standards. It's an example of what the artist deems "quality whether you ask for it or not!"

·   The ability to engage BD Live, an option that allows users to download to their hard-drives at no charge newly posted material added by the artist. This alone is why Blu-ray should be your format of choice: Young plans to add more content as more gems are uncovered, with content taking the form of everything from 45rpm singles to concerts. The DVD set does not have this feature, meaning that no future content will be accessible.

·   1920x1080 picture resolution, which provides lifelike visual images and three-dimensional views of paraphernalia such as original lyric sheets, article clips, and live footage.

·    A fully interactive onscreen menu that includes a detailed timeline, biographies, set-up options, and more. Navigation has never been easier or more inventive.

·    Dozens of hidden "Easter egg" and bonus audio and visual content, including a humorous and riveting sequence of Young wandering into a record store in New York's Greenwich Village and seizing a bootleg record from the owner.

·    55 additional tracks that comprise rare interviews, radio spots, and concert banter.

·    A separate folder for each song that opens up to reveal subfolders containing never-before-seen photos, rare memorabilia, concert reviews, original lyric sheets, newspaper and magazine articles, and historical advertisements. 

·    Onscreen lyrics for every song. 

·    A custom-made book that lists detailed song descriptions, track lists, recording dates, and additional trivia.

·    A box within a box that houses all of the contents, and also includes a special surprise or two. Every disc is contained within its own environmentally friendly sleeve, while a giant poster unfolds and reveals the wealth of material at your disposal.

Then, of course, there's the music. Beginning with Young's days with the Squires, his high-school band in Winnipeg, and continuing through 1972's classic Harvest, Archives Volume I is nothing short of the ultimate treasure trove. This is the ultimate trip through Young's time not only as a burgeoning solo act but also with Buffalo Springfield, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, and early Crazy Horse.

Countless standards: "Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing," "Mr. Soul," "The Loner," "The Old Laughing Lady," "Down by the River," too many more to list—abet discoveries such as "The Sultan," "One More Sign," and "I Wonder." Young has also included alternate versions of classics such as "Sugar Mountain" to give listeners deeper perspective on their formation. A live 1969 concert from Toronto's Riverboat Theatre joins two other archival performance discs, Live at the Fillmore East 1970 and Live at Massey Hall 1971, in completing a circle that encompasses studio, rehearsal, and concert documents.

If there's ever been a reason to invest in Blu-ray, this is it. Don't say we didn't tell you. Order now and start planning on spending weeks immersed in the distinctive world of Neil Young a world that is bound to grow every time Young uploads more content to you to enjoy.

Neil Young Archives: Volume 1 1963-1972 Track Listing

Disc 00 EARLY YEARS (1963-1965)
Aurora The Squires – from the 45 RPM single (mono)
The Sultan The Squires – from the 45 RPM single (mono)
I Wonder The Squires – previously unreleased song (mono)
Mustang The Squires – previously unreleased instrumental (mono)
I'll Love You Forever The Squires – previously unreleased song (mono)
(I'm A Man And) I Can't Cry The Squires – previously unreleased song (mono)
Hello Lonely Woman Neil Young & Comrie Smith – previously unreleased version
Casting Me Away From You Neil Young & Comrie Smith – previously unreleased song
There Goes My Babe Neil Young & Comrie Smith – previously unreleased song
Sugar Mountain Neil Young – previously unreleased demo version (mono)
Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing Neil Young – previously unreleased demo version (mono)
Runaround Babe Neil Young – previously unreleased song (mono)
The Ballad Of Peggy Grover Neil Young – previously unreleased song (mono)
The Rent Is Always Due Neil Young – previously unreleased song (mono)
Extra, Extra Neil Young – previously unreleased song (mono)

Disc 01 EARLY YEARS (1966-1968)
Flying On The Ground Is Wrong Neil Young – from the Buffalo Springfield Box Set (mono)
Burned Buffalo Springfield – from the album Buffalo Springfield (mono)
Out Of My Mind Buffalo Springfield – from the album Buffalo Springfield (mono)
Down, Down, Down Neil Young – previously unreleased version (mono)
Kahuna Sunset Buffalo Springfield – from the Buffalo Springfield Box Set (mono)
Mr. Soul Buffalo Springfield – from the Buffalo Springfield Box Set (mono)
Sell Out Buffalo Springfield – previously unreleased song (mono)
Down To The Wire Neil Young – from the album Decade (mono)
Expecting To Fly Buffalo Springfield – from the album Buffalo Springfield
Slowly Burning Neil Young – previously unreleased instrumental
One More Sign Neil Young – from the Buffalo Springfield Box Set
Broken Arrow Buffalo Springfield – from the album Buffalo Springfield Again
I Am A Child Buffalo Springfield – from the album Last Time Around

Disc 02 TOPANGA 1 (1968-1969)
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere Neil Young – from the stereo promotional 45 RPM single-second pressing
The Loner Neil Young – from the album Neil Young
Birds Neil Young – previously unreleased version
What Did You Do To My Life? Neil Young – previously unreleased mix
The Last Trip To Tulsa Neil Young – from the album Neil Young
Here We Are In The Years Neil Young – from the album Neil Young–second version
I've Been Waiting For You Neil Young – previously unreleased mix
The Old Laughing Lady Neil Young – from the album Neil Young
I've Loved Her So Long Neil Young – from the album Neil Young
Sugar Mountain Neil Young – previously unreleased stereo master
Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing Neil Young – previously unreleased live version
Down By The River Neil Young with Crazy Horse – from the album Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Cowgirl In The Sand Neil Young with Crazy Horse – from the album Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere Neil Young with Crazy Horse – from the album Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

Disc 03 LIVE AT THE RIVERBOAT (TORONTO 1969)
Sugar Mountain Neil Young – previously unreleased live version
The Old Laughing Lady Neil Young – previously unreleased live version
Flying On The Ground Is Wrong Neil Young – previously unreleased live version
On The Way Home Neil Young – previously unreleased live version
I've Loved Her So Long Neil Young – previously unreleased live version
I Am A Child Neil Young – previously unreleased live version
1956 Bubblegum Disaster Neil Young – previously unreleased song
The Last Trip To Tulsa Neil Young – previously unreleased live version
Broken Arrow Neil Young – previously unreleased live version
Whiskey Boot Hill Neil Young – previously unreleased live version
Expecting To Fly Neil Young – previously unreleased live version

Disc 04 TOPANGA 2 (1969-1970)
Cinnamon Girl Neil Young with Crazy Horse – from the album Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Running Dry (Requiem For The Rockets) Neil Young with Crazy Horse – from the album Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Round And Round (It Won't Be Long) Neil Young with Crazy Horse – from the album Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Oh Lonesome Me Neil Young with Crazy Horse – previously unreleased stereo mix
Birds Neil Young with Crazy Horse – from the 45 RPM single (mono)
Everybody's Alone Neil Young with Crazy Horse – Previously unreleased song
I Believe In You Neil Young with Crazy Horse – from the album After The Gold Rush
Sea Of Madness Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – from the original soundtrack album Woodstock
Dance Dance Dance Neil Young with Crazy Horse – previously unreleased version
Country Girl Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – from the album Déjà Vu
Helpless Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – previously unreleased mix
It Might Have Been Neil Young with Crazy Horse – previously unreleased live version

Disc 05 NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE–LIVE AT THE FILLMORE EAST (NEW YORK 1970)
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Winterlong
Down By The River
Wonderin'
Come On Baby, Let's Go Downtown
Cowgirl In The Sand

Disc 06 TOPANGA 3 (1970)
Tell Me Why Neil Young – from the album After The Gold Rush
After The Gold Rush Neil Young – from the album After The Gold Rush
Only Love Can Break Your Heart Neil Young – from the album After The Gold Rush
Wonderin' Neil Young – previously unreleased version
Don't Let It Bring You Down Neil Young – from the album After The Gold Rush-first pressing
Cripple Creek Ferry Neil Young – from the album After The Gold Rush
Southern Man Neil Young – from the album After The Gold Rush
Till The Morning Comes Neil Young – from the album After The Gold Rush
When You Dance, I Can Really Love Neil Young with Crazy Horse – from the album After The Gold Rush-first pressing
Ohio Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – from the stereo 45 RPM single
Only Love Can Break Your Heart Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – previously unreleased live version
Tell Me Why Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – previously unreleased live version
Music Is Love David Crosby, Graham Nash & Neil Young – from the album If I Could Only Remember My Name
See The Sky About To Rain Neil Young – previously unreleased live version

Disc 07 LIVE AT MASSEY HALL (TORONTO 1971)
On The Way Home
Tell Me Why
Old Man
Journey Through The Past
Helpless
Love In Mind
A Man Needs A Maid/Heart Of Gold (Suite)
Cowgirl In The Sand
Don't Let It Bring You Down
There's A World
Bad Fog Of Loneliness
The Needle And The Damage Done
Ohio
See The Sky About To Rain
Down By The River
Dance Dance Dance
I Am A Child 

Disc 08 NORTH COUNTRY (1971-1972)
Heart Of Gold Neil Young – previously unreleased live version
The Needle And The Damage Done Neil Young – from the album Harvest
Bad Fog Of Loneliness Neil Young with The Stray Gators – previously unreleased version
Old Man Neil Young with The Stray Gators – from the album Harvest
Heart Of Gold Neil Young with The Stray Gators – from the album Harvest
Dance Dance Dance Neil Young – previously unreleased version
A Man Needs A Maid Neil Young with the London Symphony Orchestra – previously unreleased mix
Harvest Neil Young with The Stray Gators – from the album Harvest
Journey Through The Past Neil Young with The Stray Gators – previously unreleased version
Are You Ready For The Country? Neil Young with The Stray Gators – from the album Harvest
Alabama Neil Young with The Stray Gators – from the album Harvest
Words (Between The Lines Of Age) Neil Young with The Stray Gators – from the original soundtrack album Journey Through The Past
Soldier Neil Young – previously unreleased mix
War Song Neil Young & Graham Nash with The Stray Gators – from the 45 RPM single (mono)

Disc 09 JOURNEY THROUGH THE PAST - A FILM BY NEIL YOUNG

Available for the first time since its original theatrical release in 1973

In 5.1 DTS© surround sound and stereo Includes rare performance and documentary footage of Buffalo Springfield, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, and scenes from the recording of the Harvest album featuring Neil Young with The Stray Gators

Special features include:  Theatrical trailer   Radio spots   Archival galleries

Bron: MusicDirect

:tongue2:

VrGr,

Bart J.

Criterionlover

Pink Floyd : Come on, you can do it !
T+A ; Sonos

LexiconLogan

Magico M2  - Dan D'Agostino Progression Integrated Amplifier + Phono stage + DAC - Transparent Audio Reference Speaker Cable

DVDGuy

Benieuwd wat mij dagelijks bezig houdt?
Neem eens een kijkje op mijn blog: http://dvdguynl.wordpress.com

LexiconLogan

Magico M2  - Dan D'Agostino Progression Integrated Amplifier + Phono stage + DAC - Transparent Audio Reference Speaker Cable

addy

addy

Quote from: addy on November 16, 2009, 21:09:09
Ergens in nederland te krijgen, dit lijkt me wel wat.

Hier in nederland nog niet gevonden.

willem focus

Pioneer PDP-428XD/Cambridge 650R/ Pioneer-DVR 545HX/PioneerDV-585A/Infinity Beta 40/Infinity C250/Infinity Beta 10/Infinity SW10/Samsung DCB-H360R/Oppo BDP83/Iphone3GS

addy

Daar komt mijn onhandigheid op dit gebied weer naar boven.
Ik krijg via play.com geen bestelling gedaan, heeft iemand een andere optie om aan
deze prachtige set te komen ?
Zelfs yourney trough the past staat erop, heel apart.

Gr Ad

Tube-freak

Tenminste in elk geval een platen maatschappij die snapt dat je ons niet meer kan afschepen met remasterde cd's.  Wel weer een gemiste kans met die Beatles uitgave bijvoorbeeld.  Als ze dat op blu ray hadden gezet had je zelfs verschil op een yoko setje gehoord.  maar nee ze komen met remasterde cd's aan zetten waarbij je alleen verschil hoort als je een set van 20.000 euro thuis hebt staan.  En waarschijnlijk had je dan dezelfde verschillen gehoord op de gewone cd....

Maar goed ik dwaal af.  Ik hoop dat er meer blu ray audio boxen komen van grote bands uit het verleden. Met aleen maar Sara K en neil Young schiet het nog niet echt op zeg maar.....

16th generation Disciple of the Wudang San Feng pai

Marcel_T.

Quote from: Tube-freak on January 14, 2010, 11:59:07
Tenminste in elk geval een platen maatschappij die snapt dat je ons niet meer kan afschepen met remasterde cd's.  Wel weer een gemiste kans met die Beatles uitgave bijvoorbeeld.  Als ze dat op blu ray hadden gezet had je zelfs verschil op een yoko setje gehoord.  maar nee ze komen met remasterde cd's aan zetten waarbij je alleen verschil hoort als je een set van 20.000 euro thuis hebt staan.  En waarschijnlijk had je dan dezelfde verschillen gehoord op de gewone cd....

Maar goed ik dwaal af.  Ik hoop dat er meer blu ray audio boxen komen van grote bands uit het verleden. Met aleen maar Sara K en neil Young schiet het nog niet echt op zeg maar.....

Hoi Tube-Freak, waar is die van Sara K te vinden?
Sony 55A90J | Pioneer SC-LX83 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | PS4pro | Humax 5050c | B&W CDM 9NT | B&W CDM CNT | REL Storm III | Sennheiser HD 650

Tube-freak

16th generation Disciple of the Wudang San Feng pai

Marcel_T.

Sony 55A90J | Pioneer SC-LX83 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | PS4pro | Humax 5050c | B&W CDM 9NT | B&W CDM CNT | REL Storm III | Sennheiser HD 650

rjateun

Quote from: addy on December 27, 2009, 09:55:09
Daar komt mijn onhandigheid op dit gebied weer naar boven.
Ik krijg via play.com geen bestelling gedaan, heeft iemand een andere optie om aan
deze prachtige set te komen ?
Zelfs yourney trough the past staat erop, heel apart.

Gr Ad

Heb je wel voor euro's als valuta gekozen?

addy

Quote from: rjateun on February 14, 2010, 08:57:50
Heb je wel voor euro's als valuta gekozen?

Weet ik niet meer, tijdje terug.
Wacht er ook even mee, mijn blu-ray talking heads
uit amerika, speelt niet af op de oppo bd83.
Heb nog geen tijd gehad om daar iets mee te doen.

Gr Ad

rjateun

Quote from: addy on February 14, 2010, 17:01:32
Weet ik niet meer, tijdje terug.
Wacht er ook even mee, mijn blu-ray talking heads
uit amerika, speelt niet af op de oppo bd83.
Heb nog geen tijd gehad om daar iets mee te doen.

Gr Ad

Je kunt ook eens kijken op www.axelmusic.com. Daar wordt erg duidelijk aangegeven wat de regio-codering is en of er Nederlandse ondertiteling aanwezig is.

Gr.,

Richard