'Reservoir' fans will get an earful

Started by J.A.F._Doorhof, May 25, 2002, 04:14:51

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.F._Doorhof

Movie fans, lend an ear: Reservoir Dogs is coming to DVD, more brutal than ever.

Featured on the 10th anniversary special edition, due Aug. 27, are two never-seen camera angles of the infamous ear-cutting scene. Director/writer/star Quentin Tarantino had shot the scene from three angles and opted for the least gruesome of the bunch.

"You don't actually see any carnage, you just hear it, which is why I've always wondered why that scene has become so memorable," says Michael Madsen, who wields the knife on a captive cop. "It's become the focal point of any conversation about Reservoir Dogs. I've made 65 films, but nobody wants to talk about anything other than that scene. They'll probably write that on my tombstone."

The ear scenes (one a close-up) are just the most sensational "extras" about the film. Other extras include scenes of typical Tarantino banter; new interviews with all the principals, including one with real-life ex-con Eddie Bunker; and rare footage of key scenes rehearsed at a Sundance Directors' Lab workshop in 1991.

And, for major fans, there will be a rainbow of DVD covers representing main characters' nicknames for the heist: Mr. Brown (Tarantino), Mr. Blonde (Madsen), Mr. Blue (Bunker), Mr. Orange (Tim Roth), Mr. White (Harvey Keitel) and Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi).
www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"

SiR-ROUND

Ahhhhh... Moeten we weer de "oude" verkopen...

Door deze film ben ik George Baker gaan waarderen...

De opening sequence kicks ass!

Dat van die covers met de characters is wel gaaf zeg...

Ik snap alleen niets van dat Steve Buscemi?

Het was toch Oscar?

;D

MrPink

LOL - ik ben slechts de stand-in ;)

Groetjes,
Steve

SiR-ROUND

Maar je gebit is waarschijnlijk beter?

LOL

MrPink

LOL dat wel ja :)

Groetjes,