My name is Bruce

Started by J.A.F._Doorhof, January 29, 2009, 20:24:40

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.F._Doorhof

Vandaag snel tussendoor gekeken (kon niet wachten).

My name is Bruce
Dit is de nieuwe film van Bruce Campbell, een B acteur maar dan wel de beste in zijn soort......... of toch niet ?
Als je de film moet geloven waarin Bruce zichzelf speelt en FLINK op de hak neemt gaat het niet goed met onze held "ash", de films worden slechter en slechter en prive gaat het steeds slechter met de "boomstick" man.
Wat overblijft zijn de one-liners en humor maar goed wat heb je daaraan ?

Ondertussen in een klein dorpje in Oregon ontwaakt een niets vermoedende groep tieners de oosterse god van de oorlog en die heeft maar 1 doel, zoveel mogelijk doden toevoegen aan zijn conto.
Nu wil het toeval dat de veroorzaker van dit geheel een ENORME BC fan is, en dus wat doe je dan....
Juist je ontvoerd je held, want die kan natuurlijk makkelijk 1 monster aan ?
Bruce heeft weinig in de gaten en denkt dat hij meespeelt in een verjaardags kado, totdat.......

De film is een aaneenschakeling van leuke momenten en enorm veel inside jokes, maar ook als gewone kijker blijft de film boeien en kun je je kostelijk vermaken.

Bruce Campbell zelf is zoals vanouds (alleen word hij wat forser door de jaren heen) geniaal en zijn onliners en charme werken nog steeds.
Op de 1 of andere manier krijgt BC het altijd voor elkaar om een matige film een stuk omhoog te tillen maar bij My name is Bruce is dat niet nodig, de film is gewoon hilarish op veel punten, maar wel lekker camp, verwacht dus geen topkomedie maar wel een zeer flauwe/camp stijl van humor, mensen die BC goed kennen weten precies wat ze kunnen verwachten en krijgen meer.

Een absolute aanrader.

Voor mensen die trouwens meer BC willen zien, check zeker:
Man with the screaming brain
Evil dead 1/2/3 (army of darkness)
Running Time (geniaal meesterwerk)
Crime wave (kleine rol maar GENIALE film)

MvrGr.
Frank

www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"

bmateijsen

Het is goed dat je erbij zet dat je enorme Bruce Campbell fan bent ;)

Peerless Monster

Topic deed me in eerste instantie denken aan de Monty Python sketch:
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA

Briljant gewoon!

The sketch:

Second Bruce: G'day, Bruce!
First Bruce: Oh, Hello Bruce!

Third Bruce: How are you Bruce?

First Bruce: A bit crook, Bruce.

Second Bruce: Where's Bruce?

First Bruce: He's not 'ere, Bruce.

Third Bruce: Blimey, it's hot in here, Bruce.

First Bruce: Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum!

Second Bruce: That's a strange expression, Bruce.

First Bruce: Well Bruce, I heard the Prime Minister use it. "It's hot enough to boil a monkey's bum in here, your Majesty," he said and she smiled quietly to herself.

Third Bruce: She's a good Sheila Bruce, and not at all stuck up.

Second Bruce: Here! Here's the boss-fellow now! - how are you bruce?

(Enter fourth Bruce with English person, Michael)

Fourth Bruce: 'Ow are you, Bruce?

First Bruce: G'day Bruce!

Fourth Bruce: Bruce.

Second Bruce: Hello Bruce.

Fourth Bruce: Bruce.

Third Bruce: How are you, Bruce?

Fourth Bruce: G'day Bruce.

Fourth Bruce: Gentleman, I'd like to introduce man from Pommeyland who is joinin' us this year in the philosophy department at the University of Walamaloo.

Everybruce: G'day!

Michael: Hello.

Fourth Bruce: Michael Baldwin, Bruce. Michael Baldwin, Bruce. Michael Baldwin, Bruce.

First Bruce: Is your name not Bruce?

Michael: No, it's Michael.

Second Bruce: That's going to cause a little confusion.

Third Bruce: Mind if we call you "Bruce" to keep it clear?

Fourth Bruce: Gentlemen, I think we better start the faculty meeting. Before we start, though, I'd like to ask the padre for a prayer.

First Bruce: Oh Lord, we beseech Thee, Amen!!

Everybruce: Amen!

Fourth Bruce: Crack tubes! (Sound of cans opening) Now I call upon Bruce to officially welcome Mr. Baldwin to the philosophy faculty.

Second Bruce: I'd like to welcome the pommey bastard to God's own Earth, and remind him that we don't like stuck-up sticky-beaks here.

Everybruce: Hear, hear! Well spoken, Bruce!

Fourth Bruce: Bruce here teaches classical philosophy, Bruce there teaches Haegelian philosophy, and Bruce here teaches logical positivism. And is also in charge of the sheep dip.

Third Bruce: What's New-Bruce going to teach?

Fourth Bruce: New-Bruce will be teaching political science, Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, and Benaud.

Second Bruce: Those are all cricketers!

Fourth Bruce: Aww, spit!

Third Bruce: Hails of derisive laughter, Bruce!

Everybruce: Australia, Australia, Australia, Australia, we love you amen!

Fourth Bruce:Bruce: Crack tube! (Sound of cans opening) Any questions?

Second Bruce: New-Bruce, are you a Poofter?

Fourth Bruce: Are you a Poofter?

Michael: No!

Fourth Bruce: No. Right, I just want to remind you of the faculty rules: Rule One!

Everybruce: No Poofters!

Fourth Bruce: Rule Two, no member of the faculty is to maltreat the Abbos in any way at all -- if there's anybody watching. Rule Three?

Everybruce: No Poofters!!

Fourth Bruce: Rule Four, now this term, I don't want to catch anybody not drinking. Rule Five,

Everybruce: No Poofters!

Fourth Bruce: Rule Six, there is NO ... Rule Six. Rule Seven,

Everybruce: No Poofters!!

Fourth Bruce: Right, that concludes the readin' of the rules, Bruce.

First Bruce: This here's the wattle, the emblem of our land. You can stick it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand.

Everybruce: Amen!

(NB: The Album versions continue with the Philosopher's song The TV version continues below....)

First Bruce: Right, let's get some Sheilas.

(An Aborigine bunts in with an enormous tray full of enormous steaks.)

Fourth Bruce: OK.

Second Bruce: Ah, elevenses.

Third Bruce: This should tide us over 'til lunchtime.

Second Bruce: Reckon so, Bruce.

First Bruce: Sydney Nolan! What's that! (points)

(Cut to dramatic close-up of Fourth Bruce's ear. Hold close-up. The superimposed arrow pointing to the ear.)

Voice Over: Number nine. The ear.

*****Album Version Continued******

(And now all four Bruces launch into the Philosopher's song)

Immanuel Kant was a real piss-ant who was very rarely stable.
Heideggar, Heideggar was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table.
David Hume could out-consume Wilhelm Freidrich Hegel.
And Whittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as sloshed as Schlegel.
There's nothing Nieizsche couldn't teach 'ya 'bout the raising of the wrist.
Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed.
John Stewart Mill, of his own free will, after half a pint of shanty was particularly ill.
Plato, they say, could stick it away, half a crate of whiskey every day!
Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle,
And Hobbes was fond of his Dram.
And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart:
"I drink, therefore I am."
Yes, Socrates himself is particularly missed;
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed.
Classe Omega MKII | Audio Research SP-11 | ARC VT130SE | PS Audio BHK 250 | PS Audio P10 | PS Audio Perfectwave DSD DAC  | PS Audio Perfectewave Transport | Acoustat model one + one | Michell | Dual CS510 platenspeler

Xstream

Quote from: J.A.F._Doorhof on January 29, 2009, 20:24:40
Voor mensen die trouwens meer BC willen zien, check zeker:
Man with the screaming brain
Evil dead 1/2/3 (army of darkness)
Running Time (geniaal meesterwerk)
Crime wave (kleine rol maar GENIALE film)

MvrGr.
Frank

Vergeet Bubba Ho-tep ook zeker niet!!! Dat vind ik misschien nog wel z'n beste ;)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0281686/

Plot line:
Elvis and JFK, both alive and in nursing homes, fight for the souls of their fellow residents as they battle an ancient Egyptian Mummy.

Kortom, ultiem droge (bijna Johny Bravo achtige) film met een krankzinnig, maar uiterst vermakelijke, verhaallijn en karakters.
HT: Marantz AV7705 + MM8807 || Monitor Audio Gold 100's / MA RXC / MA RXFX || 2x XTZ 10.17 EDGE Subs || LG OLED 65" C8 || Nvidia Shield TV & Slaapkamer: Audiolab 6000A || Mission LX-2 || Sonos Connect || Panasonic VT30 & Kantoor: Elipson 6B BT active speakers || Indiana Line BASSO 922 sub

Martin_M

Ik wilde net zeggen, Bubba Ho-tep hoort zeker in het rijtje thuis.

Zal deze week 'My name is Bruce' gaan bekijken...

Martin
Je moet wat als je boven je stand wilt HT'en...
(Klik hier voor showcase  en verslagjes)

J.A.F._Doorhof

Bubba Ho-Tep was zeer zeker ook leuk maar miste voor mij soms net wat.
Vraag me niet wat :D

Custom installer

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"

Xstream

Quote from: J.A.F._Doorhof on February  4, 2009, 17:00:33
Bubba Ho-Tep was zeer zeker ook leuk maar miste voor mij soms net wat.
Vraag me niet wat :D

Ik denk dat ik er gewoon niet over nadacht. Ik denk dat je een normaal te volgen logisch verhaal miste erin? :P
Hij is wel zo maf dat ik ook gewoon even niet wist wat ik er nou van moest vinden. Humor had die wel, en de 2e keer dat ik hem keek vond ik hem nog cooler. Nu is het echt zo'n cult film die je aan je vrienden laat zien als je een biertje of jointje op hebt :)
HT: Marantz AV7705 + MM8807 || Monitor Audio Gold 100's / MA RXC / MA RXFX || 2x XTZ 10.17 EDGE Subs || LG OLED 65" C8 || Nvidia Shield TV & Slaapkamer: Audiolab 6000A || Mission LX-2 || Sonos Connect || Panasonic VT30 & Kantoor: Elipson 6B BT active speakers || Indiana Line BASSO 922 sub

J.A.F._Doorhof

misschien is dat het, ik rook of drink niet :D

Custom installer

Xstream

Quote from: J.A.F._Doorhof on February  4, 2009, 18:56:25
misschien is dat het, ik rook of drink niet :D

Dat zal het zijn ;)

Al was ik ook broodje nuchter toen ik hem voor het eerst keek hoor, en ook toen vond ik hem meteen al erg leuk.