BBC finally muzzles DOGs on HD channel

Started by Marcel_T., October 25, 2008, 13:51:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_T.

The BBC says that it has listened to complaints about its use of Digital Oncreen Graphics (DOGs) and will remove them from films and dramas screening on its hi-def channel.

'I hadn't anticipated that all the emotion we try to concentrate through the HD production process to give you, our audience, the most intense viewing experience we can would however coalesce around the on-screen channel marker,' admits Danielle Nagler, Head of HDTV for BBC Vision .

On the issue, which has been a bone of contention with viewers for years, Nagler says she's 'decided to go for a halfway house.'

'From this weekend the BBC HD DOG will be removed from all films shown on the channel and the majority of the drama content. For other programming, we are turning down the DOG to the lowest level that we can while allowing it to remain visible,' she says.

'I'm aiming to make sure that at least some of the programming which really showcases HD quality and experience is DOG-free. Hopefully, the irritation factor on the rest is reduced, while retaining the channel branding across much of the output for the benefit of those who find it valuable. I am not sure that this is the final position on the subject, but I do want to give this arrangement a reasonable period of time to bed down before taking a view on whether there is any further adjustment to be made.'

The makers of E4's zombie satire Dead Set have requested that all channel branding be removed from the show during its week-long run. For more click here:
http://www.homecinemachoice.com/blogs/team_HCC/no+dogs+for+dead+set

Bron: http://www.homecinemachoice.com/
Sony 55A90J | Pioneer SC-LX83 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | PS4pro | Humax 5050c | B&W CDM 9NT | B&W CDM CNT | REL Storm III | Sennheiser HD 650

Marcel_T.

Sony 55A90J | Pioneer SC-LX83 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | PS4pro | Humax 5050c | B&W CDM 9NT | B&W CDM CNT | REL Storm III | Sennheiser HD 650

Bengbeng

Quote from: Marcel_T. on October 25, 2008, 13:52:02
Nu de Nederlandse zenders nog...

Die volgen het volstrekt tegenovergestelde beleid: steeds meer logo's (het liefst in alle hoeken) en fellere kleuren.  :'(

Zelfs iemand die volstrekt blind is kan dan toch enigszins bepalen op welke zender ie staat.
Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M & 4280XA | Dreambox 8000 | UPC HDTV-DVR mediabox

Flexaa

Daar kan de Nederlandse omroep inderdaad een voorbeeld aan nemen.
In iedere bovenhoek een logo wat de publieke omroep hier doet is inderdaad te gek voor woorden en oerlelijk.

Maar ja, het gaat het niet om de kijker maar om de egotripperij van hunzelf. Dat ze daardoor programmás verminken is blijkbaar niet belangrijk.