DIY speakers, Avalon clones Milestones/Soup/Eidolon clone

Started by mangew, January 30, 2007, 13:15:59

Previous topic - Next topic

fireman

NAIM SN3 / NDX2 / Vifa vivace (model 2012) / REGA P3-24-TT-PSU / R1200GSA-LC '17

snikkeltje

Amp: Onkyo Integra A-9911, CD: Onkyo Integra DX-7711, Speaker: Scanspeak Reference SE, Sub: 2x BK XLS200FF MkII , Plasma: Panasonic 42PV60, Mediaplayer: Openelec: Raspberry PI2 incl. Hifiberry Digi+

blue-eyes

Speakers: WB Vector, WB Vertex, WB Fulcrum 650, Velodyne DD15, Atmos: Revel W783; App.: Arcam AV41, EV: 3 * Arcam P429, Bron: Apple TV 4k, Oppo UPD-203, Dune 4K Solo; Kabel: HDMI: Audioquest Vodka / Carbon, LS: Linn K200 / DHZ, Audioquest, XLR: Linn, DHZ, Cinch: Linn, TV: Sony KD-75XE9005; Stroom: AH! DC; Belden 4mm2, Furutech; Data: 2 * Synology 19", Rack: Finite Pagode Signature; AB: Homey

celerontje

Indeed, very well done!
Howell, you better cannot use these speakers in a dark dedicated HT, because they will reflect a lot of light! ;D
If you want to see The Dark Knight really ''dark'', then simply power-off your projector! ;)

I will look for you, I will find you, and I will make an HT addict of you!

WMC

Who did the crossover design for you? And then the obvious question, what does it look like :)? Always nice to see new interpretations filters for an Avaclone.
Chord SPM800, Sony DVP-NS900V, Denon AVR3802, Epson TW3200 , Tag Mclaren AV30R

mangew

Quote from: WMC on February 27, 2009, 12:07:15
Who did the crossover design for you? And then the obvious question, what does it look like :)? Always nice to see new interpretations filters for an Avaclone.

It´s a member here on HTforum, i think he have to show his design by himself. I have received this and a lot of help through mailconversations. I also interested in how other have done and different crossovers/experience of them. But i feel i can´t tell since it´s not my own.

QuoteHowell, you better cannot use these speakers in a dark dedicated HT, because they will reflect a lot of light!

These speakers will probably never be placed in a dark HT room, i know this forum focus a lot on this but i found these speakers and a few different designs of them here so i choiced to show my buildig progress here also. On a swedish Hififorum there is a more detailed building thread about them.

celerontje

I was just kidding you ;D, I already knew that you've build these ones for your living room. ;D
But my opion is still: Don't place them in a dark HT. ;D
Offcourse you will say ''will never happen'', but many HTforum.nl members are infected with -what we call- ''The HT-virus'' and/or the ''HD-virus'' ;D

Do not tell me later, that I have not warned you. ;D
If you want to see The Dark Knight really ''dark'', then simply power-off your projector! ;)

I will look for you, I will find you, and I will make an HT addict of you!

Rob_Dingen

Hi Mangew

Very nice job and good looking.
I used only wool for damping.
Maybe you could remove the pritex from the mid chamber and stuf it with wool.

Rob

Erik van Voorst (in memoriam)

Very nicely executed...so far one of the best built Ava-clones I have seen...... O0

You gonna get loads of fulfillments from that piece of art !!!!!i
HIROYASU KONDO has been mystical in his relationship to physical matter but as a professor of electrical engineering and molecular mechanics, his audio engineering is of the highest order.  It's about looking for years at how to achieve a certain sound and adopting technical solutions to get there!

R

mangew

Thanks for nice comments

Very nice job and good looking.
I used only wool for damping.
Maybe you could remove the pritex from the mid chamber and stuf it with wool.

I have filled the mid chamber and also the woofer chamber with wool before i assembled the speaker. Will also put wool around the tweeter soon.

QuoteVery nicely executed...so far one of the best built Ava-clones I have seen

I am satisfied, those who have seen thinks they looks like real manufactured speakers. But however i think i have a bit to your Sentinel Avaclones. Next project, after i have evaluated these and get ready to build a new project mabye will be the Sentinel or the Isis clone.

kaino