From Monday Eichmann, Mr. Adrian Salcedo

Started by J.A.F._Doorhof, August 18, 2006, 17:00:10

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.F._Doorhof

Without a doubt the company that shocked the market with the bullet plugs.
From monday for 1-2 days we will have Mr. Adrian Salcedo over.

So please post your questions.

And Welcome Adrian.

Greetings,
Frank
www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"

MdB

Welcome Adrian,

Start direct with questions. ;)

About the bullet plug design:

• I want to know why you do not follow the theoretical rules for EMC like 360 decrease earthing for the outside connection of the plug?
  • Is the one pin outside design so much important for longlife good quality connection?
  • Why a "plastic" house and no metal?

Why a asymetric design for cable thikness?

Can you introduce yourself?

These questions are spinning around in my head when I see Eichmann products!

Edit: Taalfouten herstellen
Beter duur dan niet te koop.

J.A.F._Doorhof

One answer I can give you.
There are bullets with metal housings.
Custom installer

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"

J.A.F._Doorhof

Adrian asked me to post these answers, he will log in himself soon :D.

About the bullet plug design:

I want to know why you do not follow the theoretical rules for EMC like 360 decrease earthing for the outside connection of the plug? 
The basis of our BulletPlug patent is the elimination of the 360 degree earthing.  Our testing confirmed that the 360 degree designs induce electron chaos and eddy currents, which we consider to be detrimental to signal quality.

Is the one pin outside design so much important for longlife good quality connection? 
Regardless of the lifespan of the connection, the 'one pin outside design' as you put it is an integral design feature for a good quality connection.  It is this single point ground connection, as referred to above, that we believe to be the foundation of the BulletPlug's signal integrity.

Why a "plastic" house and no metal? 
The plastic housing was initially designed into the BulletPlug because it offered optimum resonance and electrical properties.  We believe that this is still the case in the majority of situations. 

Since the initial designs we have introduced anodised aluminium housings at customers' requests.  This came about after working with some customers whose own cable designs appeared to work better with some aluminium housing prototypes that we had.  We have not pinpointed the exact reason for this, but we certainly do have customers who tested both types of housings for themselves and choose the aluminium type as the superior housing for their cable.  Looking at the various designs our best guess is that the shielding designed into some cables is simply better complemented by the anodised aluminium housing.

Why a asymetric design for cable thikness?

The asymmetric design of the wiring in our cables is characteristic of our patented Signal Return Ratio (S.R.R.).  The contention for this ratio is that larger return wires improve electron flow to the extent that audible improvements are made.  With the optimum ratio of return wire diameters versus the signal conductor diameters the realism and transparency of the music is the best that we have heard.

Can you introduce yourself?

I am the Internal Operations and Inside Sales Manager of ETI.  My professional background is in I.T. and home theatre.  I've always had a passion for music, which means obviously that I am thoroughly enjoying my work with ETI.  The company's great audio industry asset is our head of corporate marketing Randall Patton.  He has tremendous experience in the audio business and ensures that ETI is always doing its part to bring people closer to their music.

These questions are spinning around in my head when I see Eichmann products!

Good Wishes,

Adrian Salcedo

Custom installer

Tube-freak

Hello Mr. Salcedo.

I had a small question.   What is the difference between version 1 and version 2 of the Eichman Express 6 Interlink?  I am intrested in both the technical details as well as the Sound improvements.

I have to give you my compliments for the Eichman 6 Express Interlink.  I heard it once and I compared it with a much more expensive cable and it came pretty close (was missing some depth in the sound but otherwise it was almost as good as my Monster Sigma 2).

Regards,
Marc
16th generation Disciple of the Wudang San Feng pai

Adrian Salcedo

Hi Marc

Thank you for your question.  It's good to see that you really took your time to make the interconnect comparisons in your system.

I can answer the technical aspect of the Series 1 vs Series 2 question, but the sound improvements I will post later as I have to consult the previous owners of ETI who introduced the Series 2 improvement quite a few years ago.  For the time being it would be suffice to say that each change is a result of many hours of listening and is only implemented into the final product if improvement is believed to be achieved.

The Series 1 interconnects were constructed around the same teflon coated, solid core, oxygen free copper that is used in Series 2.  The biggest technical difference is that Series 2 saw the introduction of a new inner sleeve around the copper wiring.  Previously the blue or green outer jacket on Series 2 interconnects used to be the only enclosure around the wiring.  It lead to cables that were of an undesirable stiffness and inflexibility.  This new inner sleeve brought much needed elasticity to the interconnect cable and prevented the wiring from forming kinks.  The Series 2 interconnects are much easier to handle and to fit into systems.

Adrian
ETI