From tomorrow Moome

Started by J.A.F._Doorhof, August 14, 2006, 17:05:36

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.F._Doorhof

Everyone knows by now the moome box, from HDMI/DVI to RGBHV conversion in a top quality box.
Now for 1 or 2 days he will answer your questions, but PLEASE keep them in English.

Have fun here Moome.

Greetings,
Frank
www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"

jowi

Hi Moome

I've got your external dvi-box, and it works fine on my Barco 808, thanks for that. But i'm curious, why are the markings on some of the IC's removed?

BarcoCRT

Hi Moome,

How about a special version with BNC connectors to make a proper connection between the Moome-box and a CRT-projector. Using short BNC cables will give the best possible connection.

Another good option would be additional H-phase control on the moome box.

2 * Barco Cine 9 | Da-Lite tab-tensioned 3m | Crystalio II | Meridian 568.2MM | Meridian HD621 | Chord SPM 2000 | Pioneer HLD-X9 | PS3
Pioneer LX5090 | Dune BD Prime 3.0

jaco

Moome,
Thanks for making this possible.
I have found 1 issue with the box thus far. The VGA connector can not be tightend with the little bolts. They are not centered to the nuts in the HD-15 chassis plug it seems. The VGA connector i want to use fastens pretty good withouth it, so no issue. I have to try an other VGA conenctors to see if that is the problem.

jantje112

J.A.F._Doorhof

I have mailed him today to check in, he had some problems with the dutch forum structure but now it's in English so I guess/hope he will check in soon.
Custom installer

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"

moome

Quote from: jowi on August 14, 2006, 18:37:53
Hi Moome

I've got your external dvi-box, and it works fine on my Barco 808, thanks for that. But i'm curious, why are the markings on some of the IC's removed?

they are some important IC need protect!

moome

Quote from: rbauer on August 14, 2006, 22:29:39
Hi Moome,

How about a special version with BNC connectors to make a proper connection between the Moome-box and a CRT-projector. Using short BNC cables will give the best possible connection.

Another good option would be additional H-phase control on the moome box.

Reinier

the H-PHASE will be harder to implement, but the BNC version is under construction. about after october, and can RGB or YUV output

moome

Quote from: jaco on August 14, 2006, 22:56:13
Moome,
Thanks for making this possible.
I have found 1 issue with the box thus far. The VGA connector can not be tightend with the little bolts. They are not centered to the nuts in the HD-15 chassis plug it seems. The VGA connector i want to use fastens pretty good withouth it, so no issue. I have to try an other VGA conenctors to see if that is the problem.

i will have the VGA output box face out, and replace by BNC version! thanks

Stress!!!!!

Moome,

when I want to purchase a moome box for my Barco BG808 where can I order one?

Denon AVR-4311 - JVC DLA-X3 - Oppo BDR-93EU

bmateijsen

I believe ITC still have a couple ;)

Quote from: Stress!!!!! on August 16, 2006, 15:58:20
Moome,

when I want to purchase a moome box for my Barco BG808 where can I order one?

jaco

Quote from: moome on August 16, 2006, 15:39:04
i will have the VGA output box face out, and replace by BNC version! thanks
Moome, thank you for the reply. Normally a VGA connector would work, but with my box the vga connector cannot be fastened as the bolts seem not tp align with the center of the chassis nuts. As written above, i will try 1 or 2 other VGA connectors. The one om my VGA-5BNC cable might be wrong too.

But a 5 BNC output version would be welcome indeed. That seems a better physical connection, and short cables are easy to make.

J.A.F._Doorhof

ITC will support the moome units in the Netherlands indeed.
Custom installer

Arno P

Quote from: J.A.F._Doorhof on August 16, 2006, 17:02:31
ITC will support the moome units in the Netherlands indeed.

THAT would be nice....my card is not working...yet  ;)

J.A.F._Doorhof

Well, you did not buy directly from us so..... :D
That's why you pay a little bit extra to get support and we take the risc of sending back to Moome if something is not working.
If you buy direct you will have to get direct support I'm afraid, but we talked in another thread about this in length :D
Custom installer

Arno P

Quote from: J.A.F._Doorhof on August 16, 2006, 19:00:47
Well, you did not buy directly from us so..... :D
That's why you pay a little bit extra to get support and we take the risc of sending back to Moome if something is not working.
If you buy direct you will have to get direct support I'm afraid, but we talked in another thread about this in length :D

Ok point taken (but I ordered before you were on track  :-\)...anyhow...Moome also gives great support...so don't hesitate to order directly ( >:D ;D ;))

J.A.F._Doorhof

I know Moome gives perfect support, but that's a different story :D
It's the simple reason why a distrubitor has to charge a little bit extra for DOA's etc. but let's continue for Moome :D
Custom installer

jaco

Quote from: jaco on August 16, 2006, 16:13:28
Normally a VGA connector would work, but with my box the vga connector cannot be fastened as the bolts seem not tp align with the center of the chassis nuts. As written above, i will try 1 or 2 other VGA connectors. The one om my VGA-5BNC cable might be wrong too.
After testing it appears to be that my custom made VGA-5BNC cable is not good. An other VGA connector can be tightened without any problems.

konniekip

Quote from: moome on August 16, 2006, 15:38:09
the H-PHASE will be harder to implement, but the BNC version is under construction. about after october, and can RGB or YUV output
Hi moome, I will order one moome-box by that time.  :)

Raphie

Moome what about a box for the other way around? (i.e. from Component or RGB to DVI?) with the next generation panels there will be a shortage of legacy inputs and plenty of digital inputs, i wouldn't mind a nice box to convert from component to DVI (or HDMI video, or even better spdif IN and merged HDMI audio/video support)
JBL PRX Power!