"Mac in gebruik half zo duur als een PC"

Started by Audiofiel, March 16, 2006, 09:38:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Audiofiel

In een column op de website van Network World vertelt Winn Schwartau van Interpac over de voordelen van de Mac tegenover de PC:

QuoteNo, I am not a converted Mac bigot. My company still uses WinTel machines for many things, but not those daily mission-critical tasks for which availability is the paramount security issue. My concerns are not that different from that of the typical small to midsize business or global enterprise. I want my computer to: work every time; be 100% compatible with my enterprise and applications; and have a high degree of immunity to the prevailing threats out of the box.

Hij maakte een spreadsheet om de Total Cost of Ownership te berekenen en kwam tot de onthutsende conclusie toen hij een MacTel (Mac met Intel) en een WinTel (Windows met Intel) vergeleek:

QuoteThe results of this TCO astounded me. For my small enterprise, owning a WinTel box for three years costs twice as much as owning a MacTel. When I talked with several of our clients, I found that the burdened cost of ownership per PC - just for support - ranged from $1,300 to $4,000 per year.

Ik heb het laatste stukje van de spreadsheet hieronder geplakt. De spreadsheet is hier te downloaden. Je kunt ook een PDF downloaden (Winn's TCO WinTel vs Mac) met zijn conclusies en aanbevelingen.
Men heeft nooit gebrek aan slechte redenen om het goede na te laten, noch aan goede om het slechte te doen.

Nahpets

QuoteNo, I am not a converted Mac bigot.
Ik weet het niet zo zeker. Gezien zijn enorme hoeveelheid aannames in het werkblad lijkt elke conclusie mij onbetrouwbaar.

Enno  :)
I love everybody!
Some I love to be around,
some I love to avoid,
and all others I would love to punch in the face.