That Old Black Magic

Started by J.A.F._Doorhof, October 29, 2002, 10:24:07

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.F._Doorhof

For Immediate Release October 28, 2002

That Old Black Magic Available on DVD and VHS January 28, 2003 Through Music Video Distributors

Oaks, PA - Music Video Distributors and Morningstar Entertainment are pleased to announce the home viewing release of That Old Black Magic for US distribution on DVD.

This program features ten black artists that changed the face of American music forever. They lived in the United States during a time when racism was legal and sometimes lethal. They confronted segregation on a daily basis in clubs, hotels and restaurants. It was also prevalent in the recording industry and in television. And, despite it all, they triumphed.

These courageous individuals stood strong and took their music where the work was - at home or abroad. CBC television captured these musical icons in Canada, north of the 49th parallel, at a unique moment in history. And to celebrate 50 years on the air, they have been restored to their original luster in this great program featuring Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Dinah Washington, Sammy Davis Jr., Cab Calloway, Billy Eckstine, Nat King Cole, Marion Anderson and Della Reese.

Artist/Songs:

Duke Ellington- I'm Beginning to See the Light, Sophisticated Lady. I Got It Bad and that Ain't Good
Cab Calloway- Minnie the Moocher
Ella Fitzgerald- Imagination
Billy Eckstine- September Song
Sarah Vaughan- Misty
Nat King Cole- Stay With Love
Dinah Washington Love - Come Back to Me
Marion Anderson- Ave Maria
Sammy Davis Jr. - Gypsy in My Soul
Della Reese Someday - You'll Want Me To Want You

DVD VHS
Catalog# CBM960092 CBM949062
UPC 063634013037 063634012900
Prebook November 5, 2002
Street Date January 28, 2003
Retail Price $19.95 $14.95
Sound: Dolby 5.1
Running Time: 48 minutes
Region: 0 (codefree)

Please check out www.musicvideodistributors.com

www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"