Subwoofer op basis van Danley DTS tapped horn

Started by yorkie13, February 2, 2013, 13:46:29

Previous topic - Next topic

yorkie13

Komende maanden ga ik een serieuze subwoofer voor HT bouwen op basis van de Danley Labs DTS10

Hierin worden 2 Eminence 12 inch woofers gebruikt die een broetje zijn van de bekende Lab12 woofers.

De kast is volgens het Tapped Horn systeem gebouwd en is getuned op 14,5 hz.

De aansturing van de LAB12 woofers is redelijk makkelijk , die zijn 8 0hm met voldoende rendement.

hiervoor is vast wel een passende PA versterker te vinden.

linkje naarde DTS10 op het www http://wardswebllc.com/Danley_DTS10/

Staaled

Interessant. :thumbs-up:

Gaat ie wel passen ? ;)
Die DTS10 is fors , zelfs naar mijn maatstaven. :P
"Inability to accept the mystic experience is more than an intellectual handicap. Lack of awareness of the basic unity of organism and environment is a serious and dangerous hallucination. For in a civilization equipped with immense technological power, the sense of alienation between man and nature leads to the use of technology in a hostile spirit – to the "conquest" of nature instead of intelligent co-operation with nature." (Alan Watts, Psychedelics and Religious Experience, 1968)

yorkie13

ik ga de subwoofer als een scheidingswand gebruiken , dus dat komt wel goed.

Dimentions (Width × Height × Depth)   16 " × 44 " × 59.5 "
40 x  110 x 149cm

een idee van de interne kast

Staaled

Quote from: RA SUBS on February  2, 2013, 14:35:12
ik ga de subwoofer als een scheidingswand gebruiken , dus dat komt wel goed.

Vernuftig.

Aquarium er op en Darla tank tap scene wordt realiteit.
"Inability to accept the mystic experience is more than an intellectual handicap. Lack of awareness of the basic unity of organism and environment is a serious and dangerous hallucination. For in a civilization equipped with immense technological power, the sense of alienation between man and nature leads to the use of technology in a hostile spirit – to the "conquest" of nature instead of intelligent co-operation with nature." (Alan Watts, Psychedelics and Religious Experience, 1968)

Flavio

Cool, bestel je hetbouwpakket in Amerika of ga je het nabouwen?
EM9702 V3 (Oppo UDP-203 Kloon) | TCL 98C735
Denon AVC-X3800H | Behringer NX4-6000 | Buttkicker BKA1000-N
2x T+A TCI 2A | 2x Klipsch R-115SW | 2x T+A TLS 20 | 1x T+A TCI C2 | 2x T+A TAL 90 | 2x Teufel M 950 D | 2x T+A TAL X1
18Sound 21NTLW5000 Sealed | Sundown X-15 Vented | Buttkicker LFE

yorkie13

Dat stapeltje hout kunnen ze hier ook zagen lijkt me, dat geld geef ik liever aan
de versterking uit.

sphere

40 cm, dat is een behoorlijk scheidingsmuur!
"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible."

Timvg

En waar ga je de woofers halen? De Lab12's werken niet in dit design wegens andere parameters.. En hoorns zijn daar heel erg gevoelig aan.

Exxar

En nu we toch bezig zijn met vragen stellen, waarom niet eens proberen met de LAB15?

yorkie13

Exxar

Compact. Tja. Nu wordt het ongeveer een doorsnee cafétoog, terwijl je er met een setje LAB15's een echte tussenmuur kunt van maken  :)

cine(d)rama

Ralf : je zegt dat de lab12 8 ohm is , maar deze zijn toch 6 ohm als ik me niet vergis

Mooi project  ;D

Gr. Andre

Heb nog eens op mijn Lab12 II gekeken en die is toch echt 6 Ohm !
Niet vaak meer actief op het HT Forum maar geniet nog steeds/vaak van mijn HT .

yorkie13

een hoop leesvoer weer  8)

http://www.hornresp.net.ms

Are you familiar with the Labhorn history?

Somewhere around here I have a copy of a bunch of Danley's posts on the Live Audio Board while he was designing the Labhorn. I can send you a copy if you like.

To make a long story short, Danley commissioned the Lab12 driver to be built specifically for the Labsub. That's where the Lab12 came from. Danley tested the prototype and suggested some changes, that's where the Lab12 GenII came from. This is documented pretty well in the Live Audio Board posts that I have.

It is fairly well known that Danley uses Leach's math a lot for his horn design, and it would only make sense that he would also use Leach's math for his driver design since Leach specified exactly how to choose specific t/s parameters to horn load a specific bandwidth. I'm not sure if this is all documented in the LAB posts I have (I'm pretty sure it's not but it's been a long time since I've read them) but it seems obvious to me that Danley used Leach's math to come up with (at least a starting point for the) Labhorn and used Leach's math to come up with (at least a starting point for the) Lab12 driver to be used in the Labhorn.

To suggest the Lab12 was not optimized for horn loading seems a bit near sighted. The driver might work well in other alignments but it was made very specifically for a very specific purpose.

yorkie13

De LAB12 woofers zijn alvast binnen, staat er een Adire 18" te koop in de markt
die om de hoek af te halen is  8)

Twijfel de twijfel

Edit, deze 18 inch Adire staat nu hier  8)