Nog een Z4 test

Started by Starred, October 23, 2005, 15:22:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Starred

Ook hier is men toch weer erg enthousiast over de Z4:
http://www.hdtvexpert.com/pages/plvz4.htm

QuoteCONCLUSIONS
The PLV-Z4 is one of the best HD-resolution LCD projectors I've ever tested and a big step up from its predecessors. Color quality is improved - it's as good as the Panasonic PT-AE700U — contrast levels are up, and grayscale tracking is getting better. The dynamic iris has a lot to do with it, but so do the expanded color controls. Dynamic irising is all the rage now; numerous LCD projectors and some LCD rear-projection TVs have incorporated it to kick out better black levels.

The longer zoom lens is probably the best idea of all. The 145W UHP projection lamp has enough juice in it to overcome the smaller aperture of this lens, and my measurement of 350 lumens should be more than enough to light up an 82-inch to 100-inch diagonal screen in a controlled lighting environment with a 1.5:1 projection throw.

The PLV-Z4 does an excellent job with 480p, 720p, and 1080i signals. To put the icing on the cake, add a good video processor for 480i or 576i composite or component video sources and take SDTV signal quality to the next level.

mvdzwaan

Ik was er ook al bijna uit om m'n TW10H te vervangen voor de Z4... maar de mening van Frank telt bij mij toch altijd wel driedubbel...die van cine4home dubbel, en de rest slechts 1 keer ;)

J.A.F._Doorhof

LOL lees nu eens goed wat er staat.
It's as good as the panasonic PT-AE700U die is allang weer achterhaalt door de 900.
Welke trouwens op DIT moment de beste LCD is die IK getest heb.

Nu alleen nog de Epson's en mischien de Hitachi.
www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"

Hertog_Martin

Quote from: J.A.F._Doorhof on October 23, 2005, 17:03:07
LOL lees nu eens goed wat er staat.
It's as good as the panasonic PT-AE700U die is allang weer achterhaalt door de 900.
Welke trouwens op DIT moment de beste LCD is die IK getest heb.

Nu alleen nog de Epson's en mischien de Hitachi.

dat wordt alleen gezegd over de kleuren
Pioneer DV-565A - Marantz sr4300 - 4x B&W DM601 s3 - Van den Hul Optocoupler MKII - Cable Talk Talk 3.1

J.A.F._Doorhof

QuoteUsing a Princeton AF3.0HD reference monitor, I took several more cracks at tightening up the color. If you carefully adjust the color gamma controls, you can get very nice flesh tones and pastel shades of color from the PLV-Z4. Yellows had a nice amber shade: pink shirts and coral colors looked the same on the screen and on the Princeton monitor, and flesh tones had only a hint of a little magenta in them.

Ook dit vind ik een vreemde conclusie, je wil juist een geel geel en niet een geel met een tint.

Waar ik op doel Martin is dat de kleuren van de 900 veel beter zijn dan van de 700.
Ik heb de 700 altijd stukken minder gevonden dan de TW200H bv maar de 900 blaast de 200H volledig weg.
www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"