Criterion Collection News

Started by J.A.F._Doorhof, September 17, 2002, 09:39:54

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.F._Doorhof

THE CRITERION COLLECTION

from HVe e-news

http://www.criterionco.com/asp/

IFC presents a weekend of Criterion cult classics in September

A weekend film festival presenting some of the greatest cult films from The Criterion Collection is coming to The Independent Film Channel (IFC) September 27th and 28th. IFC presents The Cult of Criterion will feature Kwaidan, Haxan, Sisters, The Element of Crime, The Vanishing and Witchcraft Through the Ages. A complete listing of the films, dates and times appears on the IFC website. Viewers also have the opportunity to win a prize pack from IFC, The Criterion Collection, Home Vision Entertainment and Virgin Megastores. Enter to win at IFCTV.com or virginmegamagazine.com, or visit participating Virgin Megastores during their September Movie Sale.

Nearly Two Hours of Outtake Performances to be Included in Criterion's Upcoming The Complete Monterey Pop Festival

The Criterion Collection's 3-DVD release of The Complete Monterey Pop Festival, due in stores this fall, will feature almost two hours of rarely seen outtakes. Among the confirmed performances are the following - The Association: Along Comes Mary; Country Joe & the Fish: Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine; Al Kooper: (I Heard Her Say) Wake Me, Shake Me; The Butterfield Blues Band: Our Love is Driftin'; Electric Flag: Drinkin' Wine; The Byrds: Chimes of Freedom, He Was a Friend of Mine, and Hey Joe; Laura Nyro: Wedding Bell Blues and Poverty Train; The Jefferson Airplane: Somebody to Love; The Blues Project: The Flute Thing; The Who: Substitute, Summertime Blues, and A Quick One While He's Away; The Mamas & the Papas: Straight Shooter, Somebody Groovy, I Call Your Name, Monday, Monday, and Dancing in the Street. Also included in the Monterey Pop package will be the complete D.A. Pennebaker documentaries Jimi Plays Monterey and Shake! Otis at Monterey, as well as a host of other supplemental features.

Quai Des Orfevres to Receive Theatrical Re-release

Rialto Pictures is planning a theatrical re-release of master-of-suspense Henri-Georges Clouzot's gritty 1947 detective story Quai Des Orfevres. Restored prints of the Janus Films classic will premier at New York's Film Forum in October and travel throughout the U.S. in late 2002. Rialto, which specializes in theatrical re-releases of classic films, recently launched two other Janus classics, Vittorio De Sica's Umberto D and Julien Duvivier's Pepe le Moko. For information about upcoming dates, check www.rialtopictures.com.

www.homevision.com
www.criterionco.com

www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"