The Three Stooges: G.I. Stooge

Started by J.A.F._Doorhof, August 9, 2002, 20:14:37

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.F._Doorhof

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Larry, Curly and Moe Stand at Attention in The Three Stooges: G.I. Stooge Tenth Volume in Popular 'Three Stooges' DVD Series Generates Laughs Beginning Oct. 8

Culver City, Calif. (July 31, 2002) - When the Three Stooges try to help defend their country during World War II, they are, as the title of their 1940 short puts it, Boobs in Arms. Their military hijinks stand front and center in The Three Stooges: G.I. Stooge, coming to DVD from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment on Oct. 8. It's the tenth DVD compilation of Three Stooges shorts from CTHE, and contains six theatrical shorts made by Larry, Curly and Moe just before, during and immediately after the United States' involvement in World War II. The shorts offered in Three Stooges: G.I. Stooge are: Boobs in Arms (1940) - The troops on both sides are in real trouble when the Stooges are enlisted by a jealous husband who also happens to be a sergeant. Back from the Front (1943) - After merchant mariners Larry, Curly and Moe mistake a torpedo for a whale and cause it to explode, they're castaways - until they board a Nazi warship and make an even bigger mistake. G.I. Wanna Go Home (1946) - The Stooges are discharged, but go from bunkers to bunk beds when they learn they have no home and there are no vacancies anywhere. Wee Wee Monsieur (1938) - In Paris, the Stooges have a hard time making it as artists: no food, no work, no money. Their solution: Join the French Foreign Legion. No Dough Boys (1944) - In makeup, the boys pose as Japanese soldiers for a magazine ad ... and get mistaken for Japanese saboteurs. When they stumble on a German hideout, they decide to stay in undercover and fight the Nazis. Dizzy Pilots (1943) - Nothing goes right when Larry, Curly and Moe try to prove to the military they can fly their airplane.

The Three Stooges: G.I. Stooge Special Features
Digitally Mastered Audio and Video
Full Screen Presentations
Audio: English
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Scene Selections
Interactive Menus
No MPAA Rating
Price: $29.95 Color
Closed Captioned
104 minutes DVD #07784
UPC Code: 0-43396-07784-3
Order Date: Sept. 5
Street Date: Oct. 8

Visit Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"