DTSE RAISES THE BAR FOR DVD-AUDIO

Started by J.A.F._Doorhof, April 22, 2002, 02:38:24

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.F._Doorhof

AGOURA HILLS, CA (April 8, 2002) – DTS Entertainment (DTSE), the independent record label created by technology leader DTS, today announced that two exceptional new DVD-Audio discs will arrive at retail stores on April 30, 2002.

The highly-anticipated 5.1 remixes of Queen's legendary A Night At The Opera will be included in an exclusive DVD-Audio version that offers 96/24 Advanced Resolution MLP 5.1 tracks for all DVD-Audio players, and DTS-encoded 96/24 tracks for all DTS-capable 5.1 playback systems. These new 5.1 remixes were created by surround innovator, Elliot Scheiner, along with Queen's original producer, Roy Thomas Baker, and guitarist/co-writer Brian May, the band's appointed representative.

Roy Thomas Baker has since revealed, "When we were recording A Night At The Opera, we had surround sound in mind, so it's great to get to do it now in 5.1. Quite a lot of this mix is how we imagined it in our heads when we were recording it twenty-seven years ago."

Also arriving at stores on April 30th is Songs For Survivors, the powerful new recording from rock legend, Graham Nash. This groundbreaking disc marks the first time a major artist has chosen to release a 5.1 DVD-Audio version of their new material prior to a stereo CD release.

"I wanted to place you right in the middle, just like when we cut the record, as if you had the greatest seat that you ever had in your life," Graham explained. "A lot of people who listen to music would never have such an experience, unless they were part of the band or management. And I've always wanted to share this kind of listening experience. And the great thing about 5.1 is how it feels to me... how it places you in that environment. I couldn't be more thrilled with the way my 5.1 mixes sound."

Songs For Survivors was co-produced, recorded, mixed and mastered by Nathaniel Kunkel, an extraordinarily talented Sound Engineer and Producer. This feature-loaded DVD-Audio disc boasts menu screens that link to the song lyrics, a gallery of photo images from Graham's private collection, biographies of all of the contributing musicians, links to The Official Graham Nash website and other related sites, plus a ROM zone that is fully compatible with all PCs and Macs.

Both DVD-Audio titles from DTS Entertainment are available throughout North America via NAVARRE Corporation, which is based in New Hope, Minnesota. Retailer inquiries: [email protected].
www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"