ADV Films Celebrates Tenth Anniversary

Started by J.A.F._Doorhof, July 3, 2002, 11:02:39

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.F._Doorhof

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ADV Films Celebrates Tenth Anniversary With Party In Tokyo

Japanese Entertainment Industry Toasts ADV

HOUSTON, June 20, 2002 - The #1 distributor of Japanese animation in North America, A. D. Vision (ADV), celebrated its tenth anniversary recently with a formal event held at the Star Room in the Westin Hotel, Tokyo.

On hand for the festivities were ADV President, CEO and Founder, John Ledford; Senior Vice-President, CFO and COO, Kevin Corcoran; Chief Technology Officer Mark Williams; President of ADV-Tokyo, Toru Iwakami; and representatives from Japan's top entertainment companies, including Bandai Visual, Bones, Broccoli, CoMix Wave, Daiei, Dynamic Planning, Enoki Film, Gainax, Gonzo, JVC, Kadokawa Shoten, Kodansha, KSS, Mad House, SME Visual Works, Space Shower Network, Sunrise, Suplex, TBS, Toei, Toho International, Victor Entertainment and many more.

The esteemed guests, who were proud to see ADV grow into an entertainment powerhouse during its first decade of business, brought along dozens of beautiful flower arrangements as gifts, which were placed at the entrance to the grand ballroom for decoration.

The highlight of the evening was a toast from Satoru Terada, the Managing Director of Toho International, the legendary producers of the Godzilla movie franchise, and co-producers of Akira and Spriggan. ADV and Toho have enjoyed a long, fruitful partnership over the years. ADV's first licensed title for home video was Toho's Devil Hunter Yohko anime; and ADV has released other Toho properties such as Spriggan, Destroy All Monsters!, Kimera and more.

I'm delighted ADV has developed into the big company we know today, Terada toasted. I wish you great prosperity for many years.

It was truly a special evening for ADV Films, Ledford said. Celebrating this milestone in the company of so many of the people who helped make it possible was a special moment for me, one I know I'll never forget.

About ADV Films:

ADV Films is Anime-and more. In 1992 ADV Films (ADV) transformed a niche market into a global industry by bringing Japanese animation to North America and beyond. As the #1 distributor of Japanese animation, ADV's holdings include such premier titles as: Spriggan, Sailor Moon, Samurai X, Medabots, Robotech, Gasaraki and Neon Genesis Evangelion. ADV's commitment to genre programming, including popular science fiction programs such as Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda, Farscape and Gamera: Guardian of the Universe has helped ADV become a burgeoning entertainment powerhouse. For more information, visit ADV on the web at www.advfilms.com.

www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"