Slipknot Planning DVD, Side Projects In The Works

Started by J.A.F._Doorhof, June 27, 2002, 20:34:30

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.F._Doorhof

Slipknot is currently working on a DVD release, while multiple members of the Des Moines, Iowa metal outfit are currently involved in side projects with albums due later this year.

Contents of the DVD surround the group's live performance at London's Wembley Arena this past February. The release is due this fall from Roadrunner Records.

Meanwhile, the Murderdolls and Stone Sour are the names of the side projects currently in the works by members of the band. The Murderdolls are the brainchild of 'Knot's Joey Jordison, who plays guitars here instead of his customary drums, and Static-X guitarist Tripp Eisen. The group is completed by Wednesday 13 on vocals, Eric Griffin on bass, and drummer Ben Graves.

They combine "real punk" and "straight-up blood and guts rock 'n' roll," according to Roadrunner Records, and are said to by inspired lyrically by horror films such as Friday The 13th and Night Of The Living Dead.

The Murderdolls' Roadrunner Records debut, Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls, is due August 20. The complete track listing is: "Slit My Wrist," "Twist My Sister," "Dead In Hollywood," "Love At First Sight," "People Hate Me," "She Was A Teenage Zombie," "Die My Bride," "Grave Robbing USA," "197666," "Dawn Of The Dead," "Let's Go To War," "Dressed To Depress," "Kill Miss America ( news - web sites)," "B-Movie Scream Queen," and "Motherf--ker, I Don't Care."

Stone Sour is the group that included Slipknot vocalist Corey Taylor and guitarist Jim Root before their current success. It is said to be heavy like Slipknot but more introspective, or, as Taylor describes it, "more like Metallica ( news - web sites) meets Alice In Chains."

The pair teams with fellow original Stone Sour members, guitarist Josh Rand and bassist Sean Economaki for the group's self-titled Roadrunner Records debut, due September 17. The lineup is completed by drummer Joel Ekman, while Slipknot DJ Sid Wilson also appears on three songs.

Stone Sour shoots a video for the album's kick-off track, "Get Inside," on Wednesday (June 26) at L.A.'s Whisky A Go-Go club. Another Stone Sour clip is also in the works for the album track, "Bother," which can also already be found in stores as part of the soundtrack to Spider-Man.

The complete track listing for Stone Sour's debut album is: "Get Inside," "Orchids," "Blotter," "Choose," "Monolith," "Inhale," "Take A Number," "Bother," "Inside The Cynic," "Cold Reader," "Blue Study," "Idle Hands," "Tumult," and "Omega."

www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"