Grease more info.

Started by J.A.F._Doorhof, June 21, 2002, 15:32:32

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.F._Doorhof

By Susan Wloszczyna, USA TODAY

Everyone knows Grease is the word. Finally, it's also a DVD. On Sept. 17, fans of the 1978 high school musical starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John can get their kicks with two versions: the full-screen typically seen on TV and a widescreen, both $19.95.

And if you've never experienced John and Olivia warbling Summer Nights, the No. 1 all-time karaoke tune, in their letterboxed glory, says director Randal Kleiser, "You've only seen half the movie. You get so many more dancers and a lot more energy."

You might also want to get that old white polyester suit dry-cleaned. Arriving Oct. 8 are five more never-released DVDs from the late '70s and early '80s: Saturday Night Fever, Staying Alive, Flashdance, Urban Cowboy and Footloose, $24.99 each.

Consumers have been saying, "You're the one that I want" about a Grease DVD for years. It's a highly requested title for Paramount Home Entertainment. "While all those movies are on the list," says president Eric Doctorow, "Grease is at the top."

Both Grease discs will include retrospective interviews, the original trailer and a songbook for those who can't help but croon along to Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee. Says Kleiser, with a laugh, "Parents might be surprised to finally see the lyrics of Greased Lightnin' that their kids have been singing."
www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"

shit_happens1

Eindelijk Grease op DVD.
Ben erg benieuwd naar de kwaliteit.
Hij staat bij mij in mijn ordered gedeelte van dvd profiler  8)

Groetjes,

Sylvester