Cinematrix PSM-1 and Seleco HT200

Started by lillbabs, March 22, 2002, 17:12:28

Previous topic - Next topic

lillbabs

Hello,
yesterday I "discovered" the Cinematrix PSM-1 in a copy of Widescreen Review. It looks very good, and from what Frank Doorhof told me in a mail it would mean a significant picture improvement.

However, it would be great to hear from someone who has tried the Cinematrix PSM-1 on a similiar equipment to mine.

My equipment:
- Pioneer 737 DVD player
- Seleco/SIM2 HT200 projector (800*600 1-chip DLP)
- Connection done using component cabling

The HT200 has a S-VGA (15 pin DSUB) port, and I guess that this is the interface to use with the PSM-1.

Anyway, every input that you might have on this configuration would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
/Hans

jaco

Hans,

I am a user of a PSM-1 (in a Pioneer 747) I cannot directly help you with an answer on the HT-200. I guess Frank can, but he is not avialable the first 2 or 3 days i think, so i try to answer your questions.
When you are using a fixed pixel display projector (either DLP, DILA, LCD) it almost always a good idea to drive the projector natively. I mean put in the number of pixels the projector uses for it's display. In your case this will be 800x600 pixles. This way you bypass the internal scaler. This is important, as you do not want 2 scalers handling the signal, as they might inlfuence each other, and thus picture quality.

I know that frank has sold PSM-1 units to more than one customer with a DLP projector. I hope some of them will repsond to your question.
General speaking the picture will improve over the internal scaler, as they moslty do not have a good 3:2 pulldown system included.

Jaco
9.1.6 setup  Marantz AV10, Genelec G4 x9 voor base layer. Genelec G3 x6  voor hoogte kanalen. Genelec hts-4 subwoofer. VPL-XW5000ES. Screen Excelence enlightor 4k scherm

J.A.F._Doorhof

Hi,

Indeed on the DLP you can see a big step forwards when using a PSM-1.

We can directly scale to the native resolution of your panels, and so bypass the internal scalers which are most of the time bad of mediocore.

Greetings,
Frank
www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Wat is de hoofdstad van Nederland:
Onze vlag is blauw, wit en:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview