Spielberg Says No More Sequels

Started by J.A.F._Doorhof, June 12, 2002, 21:52:13

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.F._Doorhof

Steven Spielberg, whose film A.I. Artificial Intelligence received five Saturn Awards on June 10, told SCI FI Wire that aside from the next installment in the Indiana Jones series, he does not plan to produce sequels to many of his most popular films. "There'll never be another Back to the Future," Spielberg told reporters at the ceremony in Los Angeles. "There'll never be another E.T. [the Extra-Terrestrial]. I won't do another Close Encounters [of the Third Kind]."

As for the sequel Spielberg is making, the veteran writer/director/producer was characteristically mute on the details of the fourth Indiana Jones film. He did, however, disclose a proposed time frame for the project. "I can only tell you that our best estimate of production on this picture is May of '04 to start shooting and late June to 4th of July for the release in '05," he said.

Spielberg pledged that he would be offering plenty in the way of original SF films in the future to please fans who might be hoping for an E.T. 2. "The great thing about science fiction is it celebrates the imagination. Science fiction is great for originals. So hopefully I'll be producing a lot of original sci-fi for you to make up for the sequels I'm not making."

Begint nu zeker aan Prequels. ;D

MvrGr.
Frank
www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"