Philips digital active speaker DSS930 and DSS940 sample rates

Started by snoopier, May 26, 2022, 19:28:10

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopier

Hi, iam new here and i like that forum, but hard to read as i dont know the dutch language, sorry..
I have beside other active speakers the DSS930 and DSS940 from Philips.
Now i want to add that speakers to my multichannel audio layout.
Does anybody know if the DSS930 or DSS940 can work/accept with a sample rate input of 88.2 or 96kHz ?
Have anybody try that, does the speakers go silent or make "noise" or work ?

Thanks a lot

Robert from austria

Peerless Monster

Good question! I don't think those samplingfreqs were available at mid '90's.
I didn't test that, but thats what I expect.

But why not running on just red book freqs? Those are better...
Classe Omega MKII | Audio Research SP-11 | ARC VT130SE | PS Audio BHK 250 | PS Audio P10 | PS Audio Perfectwave DSD DAC  | PS Audio Perfectewave Transport | Acoustat model one + one | Michell | Dual CS510 platenspeler

snoopier

Thanks for your answer,

reason is that the processor deliver 96kHz to all other speaker. So the question is, does the speaker get silent, make noise.If the y work, i dont care (as they are on the back side) if the can accept 96kHz, but the internal D/A converter works with 48 khz.
What you mean with red books frequ, why they are "better".
If the transmission is done correct, its not a problem or "better" for the D/A conversation.

Thanks once more, Robert

ll0ll

Philips LHH1000 | Marantz Project D1 | Philips LHH A200 | Philips LHH300r | Shure SHR1540
http://www.dutchaudioclassics.nl

Peerless Monster

Do you already have an answer to your questions?
During the meanwhile I bought me a DSC950 and DSS930 speakers back again. And wow what a musical set is that. It still amazes me how great this sounds.
I use them now as nearfields/monitor near my compute/office. Those precize phasing. Not much nowadays systems can do this.

And with my DCS bridge I get no digital signal. with 96 Khz. I do not have any remote control for it, so straight using the bridge as inpu for the speakers I cannot test, because they are only turing on by take them off the Standby knob of the rc, which I do not have :).
Classe Omega MKII | Audio Research SP-11 | ARC VT130SE | PS Audio BHK 250 | PS Audio P10 | PS Audio Perfectwave DSD DAC  | PS Audio Perfectewave Transport | Acoustat model one + one | Michell | Dual CS510 platenspeler