RIP Peter W. Belt

Started by The_Ark, July 20, 2017, 09:49:26

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Ark

Kreeg dit bericht in maart al, weer een grootheid ons ontvallen. Weinigen hier zullen hem of zijn producten kennen. Ik ben een fan. Rust in vrede.

Sent: zaterdag 11 maart 2017 14:01
To: 'PWB Electronics'
Subject: PWB Electronics - Announcement

PWB Electronics - Announcement

It is with immense sadness that I have to tell you that my husband Peter passed away on Friday the 17th February.   
Very peacefully and with family with him.   A private family funeral has already taken place.

The PWB Electronics business will still continue.   Our son Graham and I will still be carrying on with Peter's work.

Regards,
May Belt.

Kwabbernoot

Was dat niet die man die zei dat je een speciaal plakbandje achter op je apparatuur moest plakken waardoor de geluidservaring beter werd en meer van dat soort vage dingen?

Nooit wat mee gehad.

Groeten...

twani

Quote from: Kwabbernoot on July 20, 2017, 13:17:15
Was dat niet die man die zei dat je een speciaal plakbandje achter op je apparatuur moest plakken waardoor de geluidservaring beter werd en meer van dat soort vage dingen?

Nooit wat mee gehad.

Groeten...

:D

The_Ark

Klopt. In mijn ogen de meest fantasievolle figuur in audio-land die ik ken!
Blijkt ook wel uit hun website: http://www.pwbelectronics.co.uk/
Ik gebruik de cream electret, en de silver rainbow foil.
(hiervan kun je een gratis sample aanvragen)

Kwabbernoot

Ohja, rainbow foil heette dat. Geweldig! Doet het wat voor jou?

Groeten...

Jumping Jack

Wilson Benesch / Accuphase/ Eversolo / Dual / Sennheiser / Shure / Meze
Jumping Jack's set
Discogs

The_Ark

Ja die heb ik! Gratis een paar gekregen. Zeker een audiofiele upgrade. Niet te geloven dat ze zoiets verzinnen dat de geluidskwaliteit verbetert. Dit schreef ik erover:
I tested the clips using first a burned CD, with mp3 quality - a Dutch singer Sandra van Nieuwland,
then using an LP - The Pixies, Doolittle, and finally using a CD - Kate Bush, The Red Shoes.
What I had on hand was a Hi Fi magazine, The Absolute Sound, to be 'paper clipped' and to be un-clipped. There are about two hundred of them lying around in the house. ;)
With the LP, I used the sleeve.
What struck me immediately, was a gain of extension of the treble. This was more noticeable with the mp3 quality CD. I had always assumed that mp3's lacked treble extension. Also the treble was much cleaner. Removing the clip caused the treble sounding a bit dirty, relatively speaking.
The midrange became more pure with the clip in place, resulting in some enhanced space around singer and instruments. It was a bit subjective, but noticeable.
The bass became deeper, the lowest notes were allowed to flow easier, and it seemed as if an amount of grunge was removed. Still the bass range remained full and warm.

chansig

Teleskopos, BACCH software, akoestisch gefröbel, Audio Gear powerkabels,  AQ Forest digitale/optische kabels.

pieper

Wat elektrische dingen en wat dingen waar geluid uitkomt

Kwabbernoot

Quote from: Jumping Jack on July 24, 2017, 12:46:10
WTF? http://www.pwbelectronics.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/PWB-Morphic-Link-Paper-Clips.pdf
Wel leuk dat Rupert Sheldrake er ook nog bijgehaald wordt. Ik kan mij van hem nog een spraakmakende aflevering herinneren in de serie "Een schitterend ongeluk". Bijzondere ideeën had hij.

Groeten...

twani

Quote from: The_Ark on July 24, 2017, 13:14:41
Ja die heb ik! Gratis een paar gekregen. Zeker een audiofiele upgrade. Niet te geloven dat ze zoiets verzinnen dat de geluidskwaliteit verbetert. Dit schreef ik erover:
I tested the clips using first a burned CD, with mp3 quality - a Dutch singer Sandra van Nieuwland,
then using an LP - The Pixies, Doolittle, and finally using a CD - Kate Bush, The Red Shoes.
What I had on hand was a Hi Fi magazine, The Absolute Sound, to be 'paper clipped' and to be un-clipped. There are about two hundred of them lying around in the house. ;)
With the LP, I used the sleeve.
What struck me immediately, was a gain of extension of the treble. This was more noticeable with the mp3 quality CD. I had always assumed that mp3's lacked treble extension. Also the treble was much cleaner. Removing the clip caused the treble sounding a bit dirty, relatively speaking.
The midrange became more pure with the clip in place, resulting in some enhanced space around singer and instruments. It was a bit subjective, but noticeable.
The bass became deeper, the lowest notes were allowed to flow easier, and it seemed as if an amount of grunge was removed. Still the bass range remained full and warm.

Hoe krijg je het uit je pen :D