"Minimum-Maximum".

Started by Staaled, July 27, 2013, 10:03:13

Previous topic - Next topic

eddy135

Quote from: Hipster on July 30, 2013, 19:17:08
Betaling ontvangen en de Klimax is op pad sinds vanmiddag.
Ik verwacht binnenkort bericht mbt de levertijd van de geplande aanschaf.
Wordt een leuke ! :D

Mooi!  :clapping:
WAAR GEEN WIL IS, IS EEN UITWEG

HALF WERK IS EEN GOED BEGIN

Rudi64

Quote from: Hipster on July 30, 2013, 19:17:08
Betaling ontvangen en de Klimax is op pad sinds vanmiddag.
Ik verwacht binnenkort bericht mbt de levertijd van de geplande aanschaf.
Wordt een leuke ! :D

Ben benieuwd wat de Klimax Ds/1 gaat vervangen..moet zeker en vast een toppertje zijn... :o.. ;D
Linn MDSM/2 ◼ Linn Majik Exaktbox I Katalyst.◼ Linn M109 speakers-◼ Linn K400 speakerkabels ◼BlueJeans 6a ethernet cables/ Iso Acoustics mini pucks.

Staaled

Quote from: Rudi64 on July 30, 2013, 19:39:37
Ben benieuwd wat de Klimax Ds/1 gaat vervangen..moet zeker en vast een toppertje zijn... :o.. ;D
Klappertje... ;)
Het is geen vervanging van de KDS, want geen bron.
"Inability to accept the mystic experience is more than an intellectual handicap. Lack of awareness of the basic unity of organism and environment is a serious and dangerous hallucination. For in a civilization equipped with immense technological power, the sense of alienation between man and nature leads to the use of technology in a hostile spirit – to the "conquest" of nature instead of intelligent co-operation with nature." (Alan Watts, Psychedelics and Religious Experience, 1968)

Staaled

Quote from: morca on July 30, 2013, 19:44:10
?................... Je hebt al een andere bron..
Ach we zien het gauw genoeg nu je zelf een topic hebt  :)
Ik had er twee.
In de kleine set fungeert de antimode dualcore nu als bron middels USB en Jriver mediacenter/ Jremote.
Is afdoende. :)
"Inability to accept the mystic experience is more than an intellectual handicap. Lack of awareness of the basic unity of organism and environment is a serious and dangerous hallucination. For in a civilization equipped with immense technological power, the sense of alienation between man and nature leads to the use of technology in a hostile spirit – to the "conquest" of nature instead of intelligent co-operation with nature." (Alan Watts, Psychedelics and Religious Experience, 1968)

morca

Jij blijft ook verrassen he,eerst heeft ie JL op ze slaapkamer staan.
Nu een Ds.......... wat een mooie spullen hebt gij toch elke keer  ;D

Idd die nieuwe bron werkt ook prima  ;)

eddy135

Quote from: morca on July 30, 2013, 19:54:36
Jij blijft ook verrassen he,eerst heeft ie JL op ze slaapkamer staan.
Nu een Ds.......... wat een mooie spullen hebt gij toch elke keer  ;D

Had... :sleep:

Staaled

Quote from: Hipster on July 30, 2013, 19:42:59
Klappertje... ;)
Het is geen vervanging van de KDS, want geen bron.
Besteld en betaald. :)

Nahpets

Ik word er helemaal verneus van. :crazy:
I love everybody!
Some I love to be around,
some I love to avoid,
and all others I would love to punch in the face.

Staaled

Quote from: Nahpets on August  1, 2013, 09:32:25
Ik word er helemaal verneus van. :crazy:
Nah vooruit dan maar ,het is nu toch definitief :

3 stuks JTR Noesis 212 HT LP
2 stuks JTR Noesis 228 HT

www.jtrspeakers.com
klik onder residential.

en

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1165099/official-jtr-speaker-thread/9030

vanaf pagina 150 duikt de Noesis op.

Nahpets

:worship: en ook  :headbanging:

Je buren zullen nog wel eens aan je denken.

Usuable output >129dB
I love everybody!
some I love to avoid,

eddy135

Quote from: Hipster on August  1, 2013, 09:47:52
Nah vooruit dan maar ,het is nu toch definitief :

3 stuks JTR Noesis 212 HT LP
2 stuks JTR Noesis 228 HT

www.jtrspeakers.com
klik onder residential.

en

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1165099/official-jtr-speaker-thread/9030

vanaf pagina 150 duikt de Noesis op.

Dat wordt Genieten!  :headbanging:  :clapping:

Staaled

:D

Ze zijn bovendien mooi  :P:

De Noesis 212 HT LP

en

Noesis 228 HT

eddy135

Quote from: Hipster on August  1, 2013, 10:07:52
:D

Ze zijn bovendien mooi  :P:

De Noesis 212 HT LP

en

Noesis 228 HT

Prachtig!  ;)

Nahpets

I love everybody!
some I love to avoid,

Staaled

Iets meer info .

Dit is uit een post van Archaea AVSforum.com,
de 228 en 212 werden blind getest:

"First my initial impressions of the 228HT after listening to them for a decent amount of time last night.

Excellent speaker - less of a treble bias than the 888 in my room and is a smoother sounding speaker than the 888, again my opinion. You can see in my signature pictures that my room is awfully reflective. I have no treatments and tile floor in a basement slab with two finished walls as external concrete walls. The 888 and my current eD Cinema 12's can be a bit bright, or even a bit harsh in my room - the eD Cinema 12 more than the JTR 888. But after my limited listening sessions on the 228HT I've detected none of that in my room. In fact the 228HT sounded a lot like I remember the Noesis 212HT sounding in my room. So I wrote carp and asked if he would be willing to host a face off between the big Noesis and the little Noesis at his place either this weekend or next. It's no real surprise that carp made his place available immediately! He also loves checking out new gear, and of course was curious in this new JTR line. So this morning I headed over to his place to meet up with stitch1 and mrsmithers - a couple local friends who also were curious about the 228HT. Thanks carp for hosting another little mini g2g. Your place rocks, as always!

As to the A/B testing -
As Stitch1 said, he and I were 'blind tested' in that we weren't to know which speaker was playing at which time. We could see the speakers, but the drivers weren't moving at the levels we blind auditioned on either pair and neither he nor I could physically tell from our listening positions or listening angle which pair was which, even when we tried. I truly didn't actually know which speaker was playing during this little testing. MrSmithers and carp setup the speakers, level matched ( wink.gif at carp ) and then let them play. We each chose a few songs of some of our favorite music clips and then swapped speakers. For music we used a 100hz crossover from the mains to his Seaton HP Submersive. For movies we used an 80hz crossover if I remember what carp said accurately.

The first speaker audition ended up being the 228HT, but I wasn't really sure which it was at the end of the demo session. I honestly thought there was a bit more treble bias than I expected to be the Noesis 212HT, but not as much as the eD Cinema 12 nor triple eight's that I've heard in carp's room before in a previous blind test. I got chills four times during the 228HT audition. I felt as though the imaging was some of the best I've heard. Vocals in the main listening position were focused dead pan in the middle, while acoustic instruments were directional and coming from left and right. I felt like the vocal sweet spot was very strong and very centered between the two channels - but it was confined to a pretty narrow seating area sweet spot. The seat immediately to the left of the MLP did not have the same focused center channel vocal effect. Stitch1 described the 228HT vocals as sitting right there in his lap while sitting in the MLP. Sitting immediately behind the MLP was a similar cool front center sound imaging effect. I was pretty impressed with this, and figured this probably was the big 212HT because carp has had a lot of time to dial them in, yet the very slight treble emphasis was not something I recognized for music in carp's Noesis and I've heard them a bunch before. I was confused at this point because I felt like the 228HT did not have a treble bias in my room at all, so I didn't think it would be them either. At the end of the first audition I really had no idea what we had just heard. I know from previous time spent with the Noesis 212HT, that they can give me as many chills as a walk in freezer. I'd discovered this several times, but not more clearly than at a previous blind meet in DesMoines that avsforum member dlbeck hosted. The fact that I get chills during an audition is always something I view as a positive, because it's not something that you can create - they must be earned, and are otherwise uncontrollable. However, despite the chills, at the end of speaker A audition I was pretty lost as to what was what.

We left the room and carp and MrSmithers wired up the second pair for the next audition and called stitch and I back down. We went through some of the same tracks and a a few new ones. I didn't get any chills the second audition, but I did feel the music was better overall and the audition more enjoyable. The soundstage was bigger. I didn't hear the focused center channel imaging from the MLP, but now rather the entire front wall was the stage. It wasn't too long before I really began to suspect the second audition was the Big Noesis, even though I found myself hoping it was the smaller pair. Audition B, felt less precise, less perfectly setup, but overall of higher quality. Both Stitch1 and I ended up guessing correctly, and we both cited the same characteristics that delivered that guess. - Airy sound on Audition B, HUGE sound stage, no strain at any volume level. (we didn't have a set volume, and during the first audition a couple of the songs sounded a bit too loud, or that we'd reached a comfortable listening level and didn't need to turn it up --- whereas the second audition I didn't hear that happen -- a couple times we got to +8.5 dB on the volume dial with both speakers - so this was not quiet reserved listening through the entirety. We listened at many different levels - from quiet to pounding.) I found a strange contradiction to my normal thinking - even though speaker A gave me chills four times, I found I liked Speaker B's music audition better. It was just less like a speaker audition and more like a live audio concert. The big reveal in that the second audition was the 212HT just confirmed that they are just something uniquely amazing for music, and remain my favorite speaker I've ever heard for music.

Now for something curious - - -

Movie auditions. We listened at about 3 different volumes to the same several clips. -10, -5, and reference, most clips were at -10dB. Each clip was listened to in stereo instead of DD or DTS since we didn't have a 228HT center channel. Honestly, I don't think I could tell a difference between the two speakers for movies. Even the AC/DC song on the IronMan Clip sounded fantastic on both speakers to my ears at reference levels. For the movie clips I sat in the seat immediately to the left of the MLP. I'd have to imagine that as the volume increases to well beyond reference the characteristics of maximum clean dynamic playback might be noticed on the 228HT before the 212HT - but we didn't take the volume on the movie section high enough to get to any limitation on either speaker at reference playback levels. The fact the 228HT went toe to toe with the 212HT in movies, a speaker costing 2x's, and my personal favorite speaker ever --- was just plain excellent!

Staaled

212 HT LP specs:

Frequency +/-3db    70hz-24khz
Sensitivity*    101db (2.0 volts, free air)
Useable Output **    134db (calculated peak 137 – 3db compression)
Recommended Amplification    up to 2000 watts RMS (program)
Impedance    4 ohm
Dimensions    38″x13.5″x12.5″
Weight    110lbs
Exterior Finish    Matte Black Paint

(LP is de gesloten versie van de 212)

228 HT specs :

Frequency +/-3db    70hz-20khz
Sensitivity*    98db
Useable Output **    129db
Recommended Amplification    up to 1200 watts RMS (program)
Impedance    4 ohm
Dimensions    26.5″x12.25″x14″
Weight    75lbs
Exterior Finish    Matte Black Paint

Het zijn dus geen full range speakers en moeten derhalve met een sub spelen. Liefst meerdere. :)

Staaled

Mid hoog compression drivers met horns, links 212 rechts 228.
X over naar de woofers is 400 Hz voor de 212  en 1000 Hz voor de 228 .

Deze zit in de 212:
http://bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=bms_4593nd

Nahpets

Woei, dat zou niet misstaan op een olietanker!
I love everybody!
some I love to avoid,

Staaled

Quote from: Nahpets on August  1, 2013, 14:09:18
Woei, dat zou niet misstaan op een olietanker!
Het is idd veel geweld, maar ook meer.
De Noesis lijn doet het schijnbaar erg goed met muziek, klinkt ENORM dynamisch , is weinig kritisch in plaatsing ( de LP met name) door het afstraalgedrag en zijn vlak afgestemd.

De subs van Jeff ken ik reeds en die zijn uitzonderlijk goed. Noesis is erg goed ontvangen en hoewel ik uiteraard niets heb beluisterd
durf ik het zonder meer aan.

Nahpets

Quote from: Hipster on August  1, 2013, 14:31:20
klinkt ENORM dynamisch

Dat geloof ik meteen. Het er-bij-zijn-gevoel bij live reigstraties zal er vast mogen wezen.

Mag ik mezelf uit nodigen?  :P
I love everybody!
some I love to avoid,

AbZ

"Ik durf het bijna niet te vragen..."

eddy135

Quote from: AbZ on August  1, 2013, 14:45:07
"Ik durf het bijna niet te vragen..."

Als je zelf maar voor de oordoppen zorgt! ;D

Deleted member

En ik wist lekker stiekem al (net als Eddy135)!!  :P Van harte gefeliciteerd met de definitieve order Hipster! Hoe lang moet je wachten voor je ze hebt?

En over dat "mooi", ik weet niet of vijf van deze zwarte joekels zo zonder frontjes door de gemiddelde WAF commissie heen zouden komen!!  :worship: ;)