The Big Lebowski LE Blu-ray

Started by FairvsFree, August 3, 2011, 21:36:27

Previous topic - Next topic

FairvsFree

Volgens mij hier nog niet genoemd. En dat is een grote schande : ) Binnenkort uit op blu-ray: één van mijn favoriete films. The Big Lebowski Limited Edition. Inclusief boekje en extra's. Hij is te pre-orderen op play.com voor 19,95. Nog meer forumgenoten die hierop zitten te wachten? The dude abides.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6496

Meine Dispatcher says there's something wrong mit deine Kabel - K. Hungus

garmtz

bmateijsen

Jumping Jack

They peed on my rug... man!

Geniale film!
Wilson Benesch / Accuphase/ Eversolo / Dual / Sennheiser / Shure / Meze
Jumping Jack's set
Discogs

jowi

Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Maar de bluray zelf is al een behoorlijk tijdje te koop hoor...

Arno P

Quote from: FairvsFree on August  3, 2011, 21:36:27
Nog meer forumgenoten die hierop zitten te wachten? The dude abides.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6496

Does the Pope shit in the Woods?

FairvsFree

Quote from: jowi on August  3, 2011, 22:43:36
Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Maar de bluray zelf is al een behoorlijk tijdje te koop hoor...
"New shit has come to light man!" Dat wist ik niet, ik kende alleen de HD DVD?

jowi

Yep... ongeveer 1 jaar geleden. Overigens is men niet echt te spreken over de kwaliteit, ik hoop dat deze beter is...

Kjelt

:thumbs-up:
QuoteThe Dude: Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill, so what the fuck are you talking about?
Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please

FairvsFree

Quote from: jowi on August  4, 2011, 12:41:07
Yep... ongeveer 1 jaar geleden. Overigens is men niet echt te spreken over de kwaliteit, ik hoop dat deze beter is...

Is die slecht verkrijgbaar? Ik heb tot nu toe alleen een Italiaanse editie gevonden. Overigens de nieuwe release wel alvast besteld hoor ; )

jowi

Tja... op usenet zijn dingen geloof ik makkelijker te vinden dan in de winkel :D

garmtz

Absoluut ook even The Big Lebowski liken op Facebook. Hilarisch, wat die allemaal organiseren!

fugazi_2009

Op DVD Beaver hebben ze liever de italiaanse BD release ipv de nieuwe US BD release, die schijnt wat veel DNR te hebben. De US release heeft echter weer beter geluid. Oftewel zoals ze het op DVD Beaver zeggen:

"This won't stand Man, this DNR won't stand". The Universal looks to have some egregious DNR - which displeases 'The Dude' to no end. Even though the Universal is dual-layered it tends to look waxy and very orange compared to the Italian 1080P. Both use the VC-1 but upon close inspection the newer Universal is softer with a loss of detail and frequently seems slightly cropped, possibly zoomed-in, beside the European Blu-ray. Now the Cecchi Gori - Region 'B' does have more artefacts but purchasers will have to weigh what they can live with in regards to the Universal transfer. I think we have been accurate on most capture matches (off positively on at least one) and if you download both 1080 resolution image files and toggle back and forth you can see the issue. The DNR is frustrating. It does have bolder colors and stronger black levels. I'm going to investigate this further and ask some colleagues but this is a definite black-mark.

As for the audio- the new Universal sounds super via a DTS-HD Master 5.1 at a robust 4104 kbps. It exceeds the Italian release sounding having more depth and presence. Perhaps a little more noticeable is the audio and all the great songs of the film sound tighter and crisper (from Bob Dylan's "The Man In Me" to Big Johnson's "Viva Las Vegas" and even the beloved Creedence). The Universal Blu-ray offers optional subtitles and it Region FREE.
Laws control the lesser man, right conduct controls the greater one

juvade

The Chinaman is NOT the issue, dude!