Men in Black 3 Hits Theaters May 2012, Will Smith Confirmed

Started by flash1982, May 8, 2010, 11:30:37

Previous topic - Next topic

flash1982

Just last month we heard that Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones would be returning for Men in Black 3, but it was still unclear as to how soon the sequel might get off the ground with Smith pondering a couple choices for his next project. Now it looks like a choice has been made as Deadline reports that MiB3 is go for launch with Smith signed on for the sequel to be directed, once again, by Barry Sonnenfeld and currently set for a May 25th, 2012 release. In addition, final deals are being negotiated for Jones and Josh Brolin with an official press release from Sony hitting this afternoon as well with some more tidbits on the story.
Although the press release mentions that Brolin will play a "young Agent Kay," we're going off of Deadline's plot possibility, which says MiB3 will use the aforementioned time travel storyline where Agent J (Smith) travels back to the year 1969 to meet a younger version of Tommy Lee Jones' Agent K (or Kay, however you want to spell it). However, there's no word on exactly what needs to be done in 1969, but I'm willing to bet that it will have something to do with the historical moon landing in that same year. I'm still hoping the casting rumor about Jemaine Clement and Sacha Baron Cohen joining this in some capacity is true, too!

"We couldn't be more excited that the original filmmaking team responsible for the first two worldwide hits is reuniting for this third installment. We love where the story is taking Agents Jay and Kay and know this new chapter will deliver a fresh fun twist for fans of the franchise while also introducing the Men in Black to a whole new generation of moviegoers," said Jeff Blake, Chairman of Sony Pictures Worldwide Marketing.

OMD

Men in Black =  :pompom:

Will Smith =  :pompom:

Men in Black 3 met Will Smith =  :pompom: :pompom:

:clapping:

flash1982

:clapping:      nu nog Bad Boys 3 :headbanging: :headbanging:

SnelleJelle

Nahpets

I love everybody!
Some I love to be around,
some I love to avoid,
and all others I would love to punch in the face.

SnelleJelle

Ik denk het ook ja. Ach ja soms mis je wel eens wat he. Blijkbaar ben ik minder snel als mijn naam doet vermoeden :)