$ 30 Apple USB digitale uitgang voor iPad, iTouch en iPod op komst?

Started by Shorty, May 1, 2010, 13:25:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Shorty

Uit de PS Audio nieuwsbrief:

QuoteA $30 iPad direct digital device?

You know I always enjoy letting our friends know about new products and technologies coming down the line, especially when they are low cost and enable people to get involved with having fun with music and connected audio or AC power.  In the past newsletters we've showed you how to use low cost elements to build music servers, stream audio, get a NAS etc.
This month I have something really interesting for those of you that want to get direct digital audio out of an iPad (possibly an iPhone) and pass it right to your DAC.  Now, mind you, this is all rumors at this point. 

It seems that Apple is releasing a USB connecting dongle that apparently allows full access to photos as well as music through the USB port - and it's only $30.

It won't be out for another couple of weeks.  Rumors have it that it will also work with an iPod or iTouch but again, only rumors.  I searched around the web and there's a lot of "talk" about this and it doesn't take a lot of digging to find it.

In fact, there's a note circulating on the internet through MAC Rumors between one of the better known engineers in our industry and an Apple engineer about this - where the Apple engineer confirms this to be true.  Still, until we try it, it's just a rumor.

VrGr,

Bart J.