optoma HD81

Started by ACQUA, January 5, 2006, 18:20:36

Previous topic - Next topic

ACQUA

Zal er ook wel gelikt uitzien  :P

Optoma Debuts Its Top Line True 1080p Home Theater Projector Featuring a New Sleek Design, Studio-Quality Resolution and Image Processing

LAS VEGAS (Jan. 5, 2006) – Optoma introduces the HD81 home theater projector, one of its newest high performance digital projector. The Optoma HD81 home theater projector is a true 1080p (1920 x 1080) projector that features Texas Instruments' BrilliantColor™ color technology, DarkChip3 ™ DMD chipset, studio-grade resolution and best all-around high-quality display experience for home theater enthusiasts.

The Optoma HD81 has the same resolution of modern digital movies, offering an amazing home theater experience. If the home does not have a true 1080p source, with the HD81's studio-grade professional video/color enhancement processor, the motion adaptive HD de-interlacer will flawlessly convert the content to 1080p.

The HD81 highlights Texas Instruments' BrilliantColor color processing technology to deliver higher brightness and provide truer, more vibrant colors to the projected picture. With 10-bit color per channel color processing, a 7-segment color wheel and its amazing 6000:1(full on/off) contrast ratio, the Optoma HD81 DLP™ home theater projector delivers great color saturation and subtle color details for the best image quality.

With its new industrial design, the HD81 lowers the noise level usually associated with other typical home theater projectors. The patent pending tunnel cooling system is designed for near-silent operation with minimal light leakage.

Specifications:
Display Technology: Single 0.95 DarkChip3™ DLP™ technology
Brightness (typical): 1400 lumens with a 300W lamp and five-step output control
Resolution: 1080p native, with 1080i HD-deinterlacing and color management
Image scaler: Gennum VXP solutions
Color Management: Studio-grade CMS, 10-step Gamma enhancement, RGBCYM 6-color, 15-region adjustment
Video Compatibility: NTSC, PAL, SECAM, HDTV (720p, 1080i), EDTV (480p), SDTV (480i), 576i/p
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 native, 4:3 compatible
I/O Connectors: x3 HDMI + 1x External HDMI™ expansion, 2x RBGHV(BNC), 2xRCAcomponent, 3 S-Video, 3 Composite, 1 VGA (RGB/YPbPr/SCART), 2xRS232, 2x 12V Trigger, 1xIR port extension
CEDIA certification: ISF ccc certification

The HD81's video/color enhancement processing system delivers an advanced three-stage process flow (decoding, image enhancement, color reproduction enhancement) that offers impressive, personalized adjustment setting at each stage.

Optoma's innovative single-cable solution makes bulky, wire-filled installations a thing of the past. Optoma developed this single cable solution that delivers a loss- and interference-free signal from the video/color enhancement box to the HD81 1080p projector. This fully digital source-to-display link is connected through a high-speed digital cable signal; and then transmits data to more than 100 feet.

The two-piece design eliminates the need for multiple cables; all that is needed for the projector to be connected is one single cable to the image enhancement box. With the image enhancement box's extensive inputs, there are more than enough connections to up-convert sources to 1080p for optimal viewing.

The Optoma HD81 home theater projector will be available in Q2 2006 for an estimated MSRP of $10,000 through authorized Optoma dealers.

Starred

Quote from: Ettepet on January  5, 2006, 19:01:46
Dat is duurder dan ze aangaven in een eerder topic: linkje.

"The company expects to offer the projectors priced up to 40% lower than current 1080p models."

10k is de msrp. Dat betekent dat ie normaliter voor zo'n 6k goed verkrijgbaar is. De msrp voor de H79 was ook 10k...

donaldk

Zo wie zo een stuk goedkoper dan de Action model 3 van Projectiondesign, die naar verluid 17K gaat kosten.

manco401

Ziet er mooi uit. CR van 6000:1 is zeer netjes. Blijkbaar ook een deftige scaler. Misschien wordt dit mijn eerste PJ :). Tenminste als de prijs zo gemakkelijk zakt als de H79

Starred

QuoteFirst off I saw the new Optoma HD81. Its the new 1080p single chip projector. The picture is beautiful and the scaler/switcher is separate from the projector and uses the new Gennum chip. Its got lot of inputs including 4 hdmi inputs.

1080p is the way to go and this projector will compete very nicely with the Sony Ruby

http://gallery.avsforum.com/data/500/optoma.jpg

indy500

Wanneer is deze beamer te bezichtigen in NL ;)

Starred

QuoteDear AVS,

First of all, let me say, "Thank you!" to all the folks that stopped by Optoma booth, I had a great three days so far meeting up with David Bott, Greg Rogers, Darin, and many others. It was fun and a pleasure talking to you all.

I've seen many CES comments, and many more questions or confusions over HD81, so I think since it's officially announced at CES, there is press release that people can find, why don't we create an official discussion link and make it sticky?

Let me simply write down the "facts" hopefully to clear out some confusions.

1. It is a true 1920x1080 DMD, 0.95", same as Sharp/SIM 2/Projection Design were using and showing at the show.
2. The image was on 135" Studiotek HD130 screen.
3. I was preparing to show D-VHS/DVD running through HD3000 video processor box then to HD81, but the Optoma show manager decided that it is easier to show a loop of trailers so that no maintenance is needed.
4. The four trailers are: Fastest Indian, Cars, Over the Hedge and Narnia. All 1080p and can be found on apple web page. I think Darin was saying that he is going back to download those, and compare on his Ruby. Let's wait for his comments.
5. It does not have lens shift, we decided to hit the market early and at the right price point, and have more people to enjoy it, hence we use the platform of our other SX+ DLP platform, the same 0.95" optical system, EP910.
6. The throw ratio is about 1.8 to 2.2:1 (about), the offset is 27% (of vertical height), sorry that this may not fit everyone's installation.
7. HD81 is a 2-piece architecture, MSRP $9999 comes with an external scalar box, powered by Gennum and a dedicated video enhancement chip. This dedicated video chip will allow users to enhance even more after Gennum does the 1080p conversion.
8. The scalar box comes with 3x HDMI, 2x BNC, 2x YPbPr, 3x Composite/S-video and one VGA. The box will send HDMI out to HD81 projector body, and a RS232 to command projector.
9. The scalar box is similar to the one being used on the three BigVizion 80"/90"/100" RPTV that were shown at the show, we fed 1080i YPbPr and the box upscale to 1080p and show on BigVizion. Those who are questioning about the scalar box can use the images on the BigVizion as a reference.
10. I've shown the special features designed in the scalar box to a few people, Darin included, the new and unique features should please many hard-core video fanatic.
11. Many people commented the image was very bright and strong intensity on the 135" screen, I measured the light output, for the demo unit, after calibration, shows a 900+ ANSI lumen. We will add IRIS to HD81 to allow people to vary the light output and increase the contrast ratio.
12. the demo room had some ambient light coming from the trade show floor onto the screen, unfortunately, washing out a bit on the dark scenes.
13. I've met many people who returned for the 2nd or 3rd times just to see the demo again, and compared to TI booth's demo (who also used a different Over the Hedge trailer). It's good to see everyone's smile after the demo! 

That's about it, welcome to write your comments here and discuss HD81 here.

I'll dig out the press release later, and add it to this link.

Helaas geen lensshift. Maar wel een geweldige Gennum scaler. Iris komt er nog op. Hoge brightness. Wordt dit een Ruby killer?

indy500

Wow, ik was van plan de h79 te gaan kopen wacht ik hier nog maar even op  ;D

Starred

Quote from: indy500 on January  8, 2006, 20:46:56
Wow, ik was van plan de h79 te gaan kopen wacht ik hier nog maar even op  ;D

Reken er maar niet op dat je deze snel voor 3500E kunt kopen

Starred

Het schijnt dat de HD81 gewoon een quick & dirty response is op de Sony Ruby  :-\
Men heeft een bestaande presentatieprojector gepakt en daar de nieuwe chip ingegooid en een scaler aangeplakt. Daarom is de behuizing een bekend model, zit er nu ook nog geen iris op en ook geen lensshift  :-[
Waarschijnlijk wordt hij begin 2007 alweer vervangen door een ander model.

The Forest Stars

Quote from: Starred on January  9, 2006, 09:14:08
Het schijnt dat de HD81 gewoon een quick & dirty response is op de Sony Ruby  :-\
Men heeft een bestaande presentatieprojector gepakt en daar de nieuwe chip ingegooid en een scaler aangeplakt. Daarom is de behuizing een bekend model, zit er nu ook nog iris op en ook geen lensshift  :-[
Waarschijnlijk wordt hij begin 2007 alweer vervangen door een ander model.

Ohhhhhh 2007, nu is het nog te vroeg, maar dan begint het waarschijnlijk wel te kriebelen. Ben nu nog erg in mijn sas met mijn pas gekochte H79. Wat een beeld!!!!!

Theo

Starred

riwi

Als je de dedicated scaler box erbij hebt dan heb je dus een proprietary kabel tussen de box en de projector. Je moet dan dus eigenlijk de scaler box samen met de projector aan het plafond hangen... Da's niet zo handig lijkt mij. Makkelijker was een gewone hdmi verbinding tusen de scaler en de projector.

<edit>
Quote1400 lumens with a 300W lamp and five-step output control
En wat is een lamp met five-step output control ?
Is dat dynamisch lamp output sturen of is dat een soort eco mode in 5 levels die je handmatig kiest?

Starred

Quote from: riwi on January  9, 2006, 11:53:36
Als je de dedicated scaler box erbij hebt dan heb je dus een proprietary kabel tussen de box en de projector. Je moet dan dus eigenlijk de scaler box samen met de projector aan het plafond hangen... Da's niet zo handig lijkt mij. Makkelijker was een gewone hdmi verbinding tusen de scaler en de projector.

Volgens de specs kan die kabel meer dan 30 meter lang zijn, lijkt me niet zo'n probleem dus

riwi

Quote from: Starred on January  9, 2006, 12:11:49
Volgens de specs kan die kabel meer dan 30 meter lang zijn, lijkt me niet zo'n probleem dus

Die krijg je met connectoren en al niet door een gootje  ;)

jaco

HDMI stekker is niet zo groot. Er moet ook nog een RS-232 kabel van de scaler naar de projector als ik het goed begrepen heb. Dus je hebt wel een iets groter gootje nodig..
9.1.6 setup  Marantz AV10, Genelec G4 x9 voor base layer. Genelec G3 x6  voor hoogte kanalen. Genelec hts-4 subwoofer. VPL-XW5000ES. Screen Excelence enlightor 4k scherm

boebla100

ik ben benieuwt wanneer we deze kunnen aanschouwen. en als hij een beetje in prijs nog kan zakken zit er zeker wel een update voor mij in.
denon avc-a1sr  versterker
  denon 3800  dvd-speler
  denon 1500RD tuner
  6x b&w cdm 9 NT speakers
  1x b&w htm1   center speaker
  1x b&w asw cdm  woofer
  ps3--gamecube--en nog een videorecorder
  beamer H57 scherm beamax a-velvet matwit zichtmaat 200x130

Akosoft

Quote from: riwi on January  9, 2006, 11:53:36

<edit>En wat is een lamp met five-step output control ?
Is dat dynamisch lamp output sturen of is dat een soort eco mode in 5 levels die je handmatig kiest?

Tussen de hd81 en scaler komt een enkele hdmi aansluiting. Op de scaler kun je vervolgens meerdere apparaten aansluiten zoals je dvdspeler, xbox en bv decoder. Zo hoef je dus maar 1 kabel naar de hd81 te trekken en die hangt bij de meesten al. De scaler kun je lekker in je rek bij de andere apparatuur zetten dus... :)

riwi

8. The scalar box comes with 3x HDMI, 2x BNC, 2x YPbPr, 3x Composite/S-video and one VGA. The box will send HDMI out to HD81 projector body, and a RS232 to command projector.

Volgens een van de designers in deze thread op avs moet er wel degelijk een rs232 en  een hdmi kabel tussen de HD81 en z'n scaler.
Op zich geen probleem een rs232 kabeltje is er zo bij te leggen. Bovendien kan je er de connectoren wel af halen en zelf weer aan solderen, iets wat met een hdmi/dvi of andere proprietary kabel niet zo maar gaat.

De eerste HD81's komen al los in de VS (aan reviewers). Verwacht wordt dat ie eind juli wel in de winkels ligt voor een streetprice van $6000

Akosoft

Quote from: riwi on July 12, 2006, 22:44:39
Volgens een van de designers in deze thread op avs moet er wel degelijk een rs232 en  een hdmi kabel tussen de HD81 en z'n scaler.
Op zich geen probleem een rs232 kabeltje is er zo bij te leggen. Bovendien kan je er de connectoren wel af halen en zelf weer aan solderen, iets wat met een hdmi/dvi of andere proprietary kabel niet zo maar gaat.

De eerste HD81's komen al los in de VS (aan reviewers). Verwacht wordt dat ie eind juli wel in de winkels ligt voor een streetprice van $6000

De hd81 brochure heeft het toch echt over een one cable solution tussen hd81 en scaler....  :)

riwi

Ik hoop dat je gelijk hebt.
De informatie is niet helemaal consequent. Aan de ene kant wordt gesproken van een single cable solution en aan de andere kant over een seriele verbinding erbij.

De brochure :
http://www.projectorpoint.com/download.php?id=35141

Akosoft

Het is natuurlijk de folder van optoma zelf, daar ga ik op af nu. Maar mocht het desondanks wel moeten vind ik het niet zo erg hoor om 12 meter extra kabel te trekken...  :D

Audiofiel

Quote from: riwi on July 12, 2006, 22:44:39

Dat klinkt heel erg goed!  :D

Ik ben benieuwd wat dat in NL gaat doen en in wanneer de prijs stabiel zal zijn (omdat vorige modellen vaak extra duur begonnen en dan rap zakten in prijs)...
Men heeft nooit gebrek aan slechte redenen om het goede na te laten, noch aan goede om het slechte te doen.

Akosoft

Duurt mij allemaal te lang hoor. Wacht met smart op de eerste bevindingen en testen....

Om een en ander wat duidelijker te maken omtrend kabels e.d.

http://info.edu.hc360.com/2006/01/21085788949.shtml  ;D

riwi

Quote from: Akosoft on July 13, 2006, 16:22:45
Om een en ander wat duidelijker te maken omtrend kabels e.d.

http://info.edu.hc360.com/2006/01/21085788949.shtml  ;D

Dat maakt veel duidelijk ja  ;D

De folder is ook van januari, net als het begin van de thread op avs. De officiele release zal veel duidelijk maken. De 27% vaste offset is wel iets wat redelijk vast staat en ook het feit dat de hd81 geen lensshift zal hebben.
MSRP $10000 en streetprice $6000 . Hopelijk levert dat ook een NL prijs op rond €6000.

Ik las ook over een 15 staps manuele iris instelling die ook automatisch kan.