SCHIIT YGGDRASIL closed-form multibit DAC, delivering 21 bits

Started by Sonority audio, May 7, 2015, 10:56:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonority audio

NIEUW !

SCHIIT YGGDRASIL STATEMENT DA/CONVERTER

This digital filter gives you the best of both NOS (all original samples retained) and upsampling (easier filtering of out-of-band noise) designs—and it is only available on Yggdrasil.

QuoteForget everything you know about DACs. Yggdrasil is the world's only closed-form multibit DAC, delivering 21 bits of resolution with no guessing anywhere in the digital or analog path. We've thrown out delta-sigma D/As and traditional digital filters to preserve the original samples all the way through from input to output. Let's take a closer look:

Closed-Form Digital Filter Preserves Original Samples

QuoteMost DACs simply use the stock digital filters embedded in their D/A converters. But even the most sophisticated ones, using their own digital filter algorithms, don't have what Yggdrasil has—a digital filter with a true closed-form solution. This means it retains all the original samples, performing a true interpolation. This digital filter gives you the best of both NOS (all original samples retained) and upsampling (easier filtering of out-of-band noise) designs—and it is only available on Yggdrasil.

21 Bits, No Guessing: Mission-Critical D/A Technology

QuoteWhen doctors are trying to diagnose whether you have gas or cancer from MRI results, or when the military is trying to ensure a missile hits an ammo dump and not a nunnery next door, they don't use "24 bit" or "32 bit" delta-sigma D/A converters. Instead, they rely on precision, multibit ladder DACs, like the Analog Devices AD5791. This allows them the bit-perfect precision they need for critical applications, rather than the guesswork of a delta-sigma. We chose this same critical technology for Yggdrasil. Following these unique D/A converters are sophisticated discrete JFET buffers and summers.

Adapticlock and USB Gen 3: Advanced Input Optimization

QuoteYggdrasil accepts up to 5 digital inputs and carefully manages them with our Adapticlock™ clock regeneration system. Adapticlock is the most sophisticated clock management system in the world. It assesses the quality of all inputs, measures their incoming center frequency and jitter, and automatically routes the input to the best clock regeneration system. Yggdrasil also features our all-new USB Gen 3 input module, for exceptional USB input performance.

Made in USA
QuoteBy "made in USA," we mean made in USA. The vast majority of the total production cost of Yggdrasil—chassis, boards, transformers, assembly, etc—goes to US companies manufacturing in the US. Our board house is 20 minutes away from our office in Newhall. Our chassis guys are just over the hill in the Valley.

5-Year Warranty
QuoteYggdrasil is covered by a limited warranty that covers parts and labor for five years. That's 5 years. Yes. FIVE. Which is up to 5X that of our competition, if you weren't so hot at math. Note the marketing weasel-wording "up to."

specs:

Inputs: AES/EBU XLR, RCA SPDIF, BNC SPDIF, Optical SPDIF, USB
Input Capability: up to 24/192 for all inputs
Input Receiver, SPDIF: AKM AK4313
Input Receiver, USB: C-Media CM6632

Clock Management: Bitperfect clock management at all native sample rates via Adapticlock analysis and VCXO/VCO regeneration, plus asynchronous USB Gen 3 module
Digital Filter: proprietary Schiit bitperfect closed-form digital filter implemented on Analog Devices SHARC DSP processor
D/A Conversion IC: Analog Devices AD5791BRUZ x 4 (2 per channel, hardware balanced configuration)
Analog Stages: Fully discrete JFET buffers for balanced output and discrete JFET summing stages for single-ended output, direct coupled throughout

Output: One pair XLR balanced and two pairs RCA single-ended
Output Impedance: 75 ohms

Frequency Response, Analog Stage: 20Hz-20Khz, +/-0.1dB, 0.5Hz-200KHz, -1dB
Maximum Output: 4.0V RMS (balanced), 2.0V RMS (single-ended)

THD: Less than 0.006%, 20Hz-20KHz, at full output
IMD: <0.007%, CCIR
SNR: > 117dB, referenced to 2V RMS

Power Supply: two transformers (one for digital supplies, one for analog supplies) plus one input choke for discrete, dual mono, shunt-regulated analog +/-24V supply, plus 12 separate local regulated supplies for DACs and digital sections, including high-precision, low-noise LM723 regulation in critical areas.

Upgradability: Fully modular architecture. Separate digital input board, USB input board, DSP engine board, and DAC/analog output boards.

Power Consumption: 35W
Size: 16 x 12" x 3.875"
Weight: 25 lbs

FAQ:

So this is your bestest brightest DAC? For only 2450,-?
QuoteYes. We don't believe in fancy casework, nor in blingy displays, nor in any kind of complication that just ups the price for the sake of upping the price. So yes, this is our top DAC. A DAC that can look any other DAC in the world in the face and not flinch. That is, if it was human. And if DACs had faces. Hell, you know what we mean.

How can this possibly be better than, say, the Arglebargle $15,000 DAC when this is so much less expensive?
QuoteBecause the Arglebargle was most likely designed to the expectations of today, using commonly available parts in a super-fancy case, while we started with a clean sheet of paper.

But the Arglebargle has like twelve 32-bit DACs in it! Yours only has 21 bits! Hell, that's not a full 24 bits even! What about my 24-bit recordings?
QuoteIf your 24 bit recordings actually have 24 bits of resolution, we'll eat a hat. And those "32-bit" DACs? Well, they have this measurement known as "equivalent number of bits." This means, in English, how many bits of resolution they really have. And that number is 19.5. And 21 is better than 19.5, in all the math books we know.

But it's only 21 bits! I can't get over that!
QuoteWe can't get over the fact that delta-sigma DACs throw away all the original samples. Different strokes for different folks.

What about DSD?
QuoteYggdrasil won't do DSD, no way, no how.

But what if I want DSD?
QuoteIf DSD becomes a significant part of the market, where "significant" is defined as "more than 1% of total sales," then we will support it via a separate dedicated DSD decoding box. Today, when it is less than 0.01% of recorded music, well, hey, we're not so interested.

What? But I hear DSD is the future!
QuoteYeah, and reel-to-reel was the future in the 1970s, and it's dead now, and DAT was the future in the 1980s, and it's dead now, and HDCD was the future in the 1990s, and it's dead now, and SACD was the future in the 2000s, and it's dead now. But, let's say Sony suddenly opens their vaults and offers 30,000 DSD albums with guaranteed direct-from-DSD provenance at $5.99 each, and Apple starts streaming DSD as its de facto format for iTunes, (yes, we know, stop laughing) then hey, Yggy is fully upgradable...and then we just change it up to be the best DSD DAC out there.  Yeah, and reel-to-reel was the future in the 1970s, and it's dead now, and DAT was the future in the 1980s, and it's dead now, and HDCD was the future in the 1990s, and it's dead now, and SACD was the future in the 2000s, and it's dead now. But, let's say Sony suddenly opens their vaults and offers 30,000 DSD albums with guaranteed direct-from-DSD provenance at $5.99 each, and Apple starts streaming DSD as its de facto format for iTunes, (yes, we know, stop laughing) then hey, Yggy is fully upgradable...and then we just change it up to be the best DSD DAC out there. 

What's this bullschiit about a closed form digital filter, and why does it matter?
QuoteMost digital filters destroy the original samples in the process of upsampling. They're just like sample rate converters or delta-sigma DACs. We're all about the original samples, so we created a digital filter with a true closed-form solution, which means it retains all the original samples. This is a major difference between Yggdrasil and every other DAC in the world.

I don't believe you!
QuoteYou won't anyway. Why waste more time talking? Anyone else have any real questions?

Sure, how about the DACs and analog stage?
QuoteThe DACs we're using—AD5791—were billed as "the industry's first true 20-bit DAC" by Analog Devices when it was introduced in 2010. Note the words "first" and "true." This is not 20-bit as defined for audio applications, this is not 24-bit delta-sigma, this is not (nudge, snicker) "32 bit" complete fantasy stuff. These DACs have never been used in an audio product until now. Normally, they are used for medical device imaging and weapons targeting—applications in which accuracy is absolutely paramount. Now, we're using 4 of the highest-spec AD5791BRUZ in this product—2 each per channel, for true differential hardware balanced design. Beyond that, an uber-simple discrete JFET buffer stage and discrete JFET summers (for the single-ended output) complete the picture.

So why haven't the AD5791s been used before?
QuoteBecause they require very, very special care and feeding. AD5791s aren't "bolt in and go" DACs, with pleasant little paint-by-numbers application notes for use with audio. They don't even accept normal digital audio formats. Managing their use with multiple input bit depths and sample rates is, well, challenging. And special care has to be taken with their output. Plus, people are more focused on silly claims like "32-bit" DACs and "Giga-Rate" DSD. "21 real bits," doesn't sound real sexy in that context.

Wait, what is this about 32-bit music?
QuoteHow much 32 bit music do you have? (Not that it will ever exist—we can't get the noise floor that low. Period. Unless Dr. Who pays us a visit and drops some alien tech on us...) Also, how many giga-rate DSD recordings do you have? None, because they don't exist.

You guys are crazy!
QuoteYes. We know that. And so are you. You're considering a 2,450,-, 25-lb product that does the same basic thing as a $0.32 chip in your iPhone

So why would I want this instead of the 24-bit DAC in my iPhone?
QuoteLeave. Now.

Okay, fine, I get the picture. Change of subject: is this thing upgradable?
QuoteYes. Like all of our DACs from Bifrost and up, Yggdrasil is built for the future. The main board is nothing more than a motherboard and power supply. From there, separate, plug-in modules are used for the input board, the USB board, the processor/DSP board, and the separate analog boards. This means that any part of Yggdrasil can be updated as standards change. Better USB? Sure. Better SPDIF? Sure. More processing power? Sure. Different DAC and analog section? Sure. This is one DAC you won't be throwing away when things change.

Reviews

The Absolute Sound's 10 Most Significant Products!
Steven Stone
In The Absolute Sound's show report for Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, Yggdrasil was chosen as one of the "10 Most Significant Products."

"Schiit is one of those companies whose products have an edge. For RMAF Schiit introduced a new flagship DAC, the Yggodrasil (say that fast three times) that is touted as "the world's only bit-perfect DAC." To achieve this lofty goal the Yggodrasil uses proprietary "adapti-clock" topology combined with VCO and VCXO re-clocking. The DAC's analog stage uses differential current-feedback topology with a fully discrete design populated by both JFET and bipolar transistors. For 2450,- the Yggdrasil delivers a lot of unique technology and flexible functionality. It sounded great driving a pair of Audeze LCD-2 headphones."

Read Full Review ->http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/rocky-mountain-audio-fest-2014-digital-and-stand-mount-speakers/
A Short Preview of Your Next DAC
zerodeefex

"tl;dr: Buy this DAC*. Spot on tonality, perfect timbre, perfect rendition of every freaking detail you could ever want, speed, resolution, I've never heard anything like it."

"I firmly believe Schiit's claim that the Yggdrasil "resets the bar for DACs" to be accurate. Without DSD support, without noise-shaping, the Yggdrasil shames every DAC I've had the pleasure of auditioning. Forget high res files, I don't think I've ever truly heard 16 perfect bits before.

The Yggdrasil really kicks ass: gobs of detail, from the particular character of tizzy noise of the tape in a Tom Petty recording (yes you could hear it), to the quick little breaths (not the big ones) Gil Shaham takes as he's getting into something extremely complicated, it's all there.  Perfect tonality, with bass hitting hard and deep, Isaac 'Dickie' Freeman's voice really comes alive when listening. The sense of space is ridiculous; I can pick out where the audience members are cheering from in Live in Japan.

I think exploring my experiences with my system now that the Yggdrasil is gone from my rack is the best way to understand how phenomenal a DAC the Yggy really is. All of my music feels a little lifeless and I can't find myself enjoying the same recordings that I listened to during my extended audition. Details are just missing (I'm straining to find them and coming up short) and that sense of cohesiveness and realism I got with the Yggdrasil is just gone. A week and a half after it's gone and I'm a ruined man."

Note: based on preproduction sample.

Read Full Review ->http://www.changstar.com/index.php/topic,2047.0.html
Thoughts on a bunch of DACs
purrin
"Just when you think the Gen V is good, the Yggdrasil is even better. You wouldn't believe how much musical information is contained in those 44/16 files; and just how much lesser DACs leave behind. Brings those old or even bad recordings into a new light. Monster dynamics, bass that stops on a dime, tight precision, decay and ambient cues that don't suddenly disappear when they are not supposed to. No digital crap. Makes me reminisce of vinyl in my youth. The Yggdrasil is the 2015 update to the Theta V by the same guys. The Yggdrasil is really beyond words.

The downside? Kinda sounds like **** in the first few hours. 24-48 hours at minimum to warm up. One week for best results."

Read Full Review ->http://www.head-fi.org/t/693798/thoughts-on-a-bunch-of-dacs-and-why-delta-sigma-sucks

LET OP!! vanwege de grote vraag/bestellingen werken wij ook al met backorders!!
Beschikbaarheid:  (backorders go first)

zie onze site voor meer Schiit en voor bestellingen:

KLIK op:http://www.schiit-europe.com

aanwezig op:

vanwege de grote vraag naar Yggdrasil :

QuoteWhen am I getting my Yggdrasil?

I put Yggdrasil on backorder last night, which has caused a small amount of panic out there.  Here is some information to help keep every one informed on progress:

Quote1.  I have order xxxxx when will my order ship? 
(Where is my g**d***m Yggdrasil?)

Since every one wants to enjoy talking about order numbers, I figured I would jump in with some definitive information.

On the 115v side, 30779 is next up.  We should be shipping through order 3081x today if every unit passes sound check.  I expect to ship through 3083x tomorrow.  The next 115v shipment won't go out until Thursday at the earliest.

On the 230v side, 30850 is next and we'll get to 3089x in the next batch.  Those will be ready to ship on Thursday.

Quote2.  Why separate queues? 
(I ordered 3 hours sooner that that bastard in Whocaresisstan, why is he getting his Yggy first?)

We have 115v units and we have 230v units.  There is a jumper that has to be soldered on the main board and some configuration that needs to occur when we set the voltage on the units.  We have separate burn-in areas.  We generally build 1 230v unit for every 5 115v units.  As a rule, we keep 115v and 230v equipment separate during the assembly phase.  You don't want to plug a 115v unit in to a 230v socket.  If you do that, there will be a big flash and a popping noise.  If you are lottery ticket lucky, it will be the fuse.  If you are regular lucky, it will be the fuse and some mosfets.  If you are the guy that no one stands near when there is a thunder storm, it was the fuse, some mosfets, some expensive microchips and the transformer.  So, we run 20 115v Yggdrasils and then 5 230v Yggdrasils in separate batches.

30779 - 3083x is actually 25 115v Yggdrasils, while 30850 - 3089x on the 230v side is only 5 units.

Quote3.  Why is it taking so long?
(My buddy, who is an engineer at Thingamabob says it should only take a day, what is wrong with you people?)

Yggdrasil is a complicated product that takes about a day to assemble and three days to burn in and a day to test and ship.

Assembly procedure:

A.  Our board house delivers stuffed boards.  These boards have been examined for obvious physical assembly problems under a magnifying device but they have not been turned on.  Without programming, they are expensive paperweights.

B.  Front panel boards are programmed and then installed on the top chassis parts.

C.  The mainboard, 2 analog boards, DSP board, and USB board are assembled.  22 standoffs, 44 screws.  This takes a while.

D.  The boards are programmed and tested.  The DSP and USB boards have to be programmed.  Then the boards are tested.  This step is a bottleneck as it requires our most experienced tech using specialized equipment.

E.  The boards are installed in to the completed chassis and put on to the rack for burn-in.  Burn-in is a minimum of 72 hours.

F.  Three days later the Yggdrasil is thoroughly tested, cleaned, bagged and then turned over to shipping.

Each Yggy has a 4 or 5 day assemble, program, test, build, burn-in, test cycle.

Quote4. What about this backorder thing?

I wish that production of high-end audio was a perfect, problem free job.  It isn't.  When we run 2000 units of a Magni, we'll lose 20 of the boards to manufacturing defect- those boards will never leave our facility.  About 5% of the metal will be rejected for cosmetic reasons.  Magni is a simple, mature product.  Yggdrasil isn't.  It is new and it is complicated.

I put us on backorder when the run was 80% sold out.  Why 80%, we don't know yet how many chassis parts will fail due to cosmetics, how many boards will need to be returned to the board house for rework and can be resurrected and how many will become spare parts.   The second run has already been ordered, and many of the parts are already here.  The metal is already in production. Boards and transformers have been ordered.  Some of the parts won't be arriving until June which is why the delay between the first and second run is about 2 months.

If you ordered this weekend, you may be on either side of the backorder line.  I won't know until we get to the end of this run.  We'll do our best.  Thanks for your patience.

bijgevoegd ter info wat onafhankelijke metingen:

QuoteI will never know how the first three hours of the yggdrasil sounded as I let the DAC warm up for an hour and proceeded to make technical measurements. If the measurements presented are familiar territory, then you should be as impressed as I am. If such graphs are not familiar, then please note that these graphs are  extended, some down to -160 dB for example. Extreme. Much farther than most other graphs you will see elsewhere on other DACs on the internet or in brochures. So be careful when making comparisons. Watch the X and Y axes in other data. The graphs presented here are not marketing graphs. They have not been prettied up as is often the case in mainstream consumer goods.

Schiit has specifications for these measurements published on their website and in their operating instructions. In my measurements, my yggdrasil measured better than Schiit's conservative specifications in every single measurement. Every single one. Well done Schiit!

QuoteThe data presented were collected as follows:

1.  PrismSound dScope III, picoscope 2205, FLIR E63900

2.  DAC balanced output used for measurements except oscilloscope square wave response which used unbalanced output

3.  100 Kohm load used for measurements

4.  44 KHz  sample rate, 24 bit depth

5.  USB input - cables to go USB cable

6.  Balanced cables Tecnec Canare starquad Neutrik XLR cables

7.  Unbalance cable BlueJeans Belden RCA

8.  Vaunix Lab Brick USB hub

Frequency Response

Expanded Y-axis Frequency Response, 0.1 dB / major division

Dynamic Range

THD and THD+N - unweighted

Intermodulation Distortion

Left - Right channel crosstalk

Jitter - what jitter? - yggdrasil laughs at your USB cables

For comparison this is the jitter measured for an ODAC

20 Hz square wave response

expanded time base for 20 Hz square wave response - minimal pre and post ringing
exceptional performance for a digital recovery filter!

Commentary:
By now, some of you probably have noted the THD+N graph may not be the lowest ever seen. Designers are often faced with trade-offs for various reasons. I believe the Schiit design team has made trade-offs that result in best auditory experience over best measurements possible on all fronts. I have a colleague who gives a "13 dB miracle" demonstration showing that SNR isn't the best predictor of auditory experience. So THD+N may not be that influencial on the final sound while jitter may have a bigger effect. Those of you who will reference the 1992 and 1998 AES papers on the topic of jitter may note that no trained subjects were used to determine the masking thresholds. With many more listeners now well experienced in digital audio listening we might see much lower thresholds if the experiments were repeated today and trained listeners employed.
Schiit audio : www.schiit-europe.com
Ludic Audio Cables :new Affordable standards
Mrspeakers: www.mrspeakers-europe.com
Soundaware streamers : www.soundaware-europe.com

Thanatos

Lang op moeten wachten.. maar belooft een hele mooie dac te zijn! Ik kijk uit naar een gelegenheid deze dac te beluisteren!

Sonority audio

Quote from: Thanatos on May  7, 2015, 11:21:43
Lang op moeten wachten.. maar belooft een hele mooie dac te zijn! Ik kijk uit naar een gelegenheid deze dac te beluisteren!

wij ook!  :thumbs-up:

de vraag overtreft elke verwachting bij Schiit en bij ons.

BuSpu

Stevige technische statements, hoop dat de klank dat rechtvaardigt

knubbe

QuoteSo this is your bestest brightest DAC? For only 2450,-?

Ik verwacht vergelijkbaar in EUR?
Hele mooie dac, voor mij buiten budget. Maar leuk dat ze ook deze richting in gaan evenals hele simpele goedkope DAC's leveren !
-| Naim UnitiLite | XTZ 99.26 | Apple Mac mini | Panasonic 65VT50 ISF |-

stereo showcase

Sonority audio

Quote from: knubbe on May  7, 2015, 14:07:17
Ik verwacht vergelijkbaar in EUR?
Hele mooie dac, voor mij buiten budget. Maar leuk dat ze ook deze richting in gaan evenals hele simpele goedkope DAC's leveren !

ik had de prijs al in de tekst in euro aangepast

zie ook de link in de tekst:
zie onze site voor meer Schiit en voor bestellingen:

KLIK op:http://www.schiit-europe.com

:thumbs-up: ;)

larsonator

Quote from: Sonority audio on May  7, 2015, 10:56:32
''For 2450,- the Yggdrasil delivers a lot of unique....''
Zonder valuta is het voor mij geen prijs  :confused:

morca

Mooie DAC.
Als hires fan valt de 21 bit DA converter me op,kan je iets meer vertellen waarom die beter is als een 24 bit DAC.
En of dit nog invloed heeft op 24 bit bestanden die je afspeelt?

J.S.

Volgens mij is het geen 21-bit DAC maar is de maximale resolutie die daadwerkelijk weergegeven wordt 21 bit. Dit is inderdaad hoog, kijk bijvoorbeeld maar eens naar de meetgegevens van John Atkinson van Stereophile: de echte top-dacs zitten allemaal rond de 19-20 bit.

martin778

Hoeveel gaat de Yggdrasil kosten in Nederland? Ik ben (heeeel laangzaaam) aan het sparen voor een nieuwe, gebalanceerde DAC en heb nu de Yggdrasil en de Master 7 van Audio GD op mijn lijstje staan.

Oh, nvm: €2450,-

Sjettepet

Worden die dingen werkelijk op schoot geassambleerd (zie foto)?  :'(
ROON ROCK > Flac/DSD > Okto DAC8/Ropiee > Benchmark AHB2 >  Spendor A6R || Libreelec > Denon AVR-X3500 -> XGIMI H2 || ROON ROCK > Topping D90/Pre90 > KEF LS50 / BK200

martin778

Zo te zien worden ze schoongemaakt en verpakt daar.

cardas49

Een leuk kijkje in de keuken van Schiit. Dank Sonority.
Bron: Nvidia Shield | DAC: Schiit Gungnir MB | Versterking: Arcam AVR-390
Speakers: Revel M106, C205, S206 & Klipsch R-115SW | Beeld: Epson TW9200W & Kingpin TAB270
Hoofdtelefoon: Gustard H10, Hifiman HE-500 | Showcase: Classé powered setup

Sonority audio

Quote from: mark235 on May 14, 2015, 21:54:30
Een leuk kijkje in de keuken van Schiit. Dank Sonority.
geen dank Mark!

graag gedaan  :thumbs-up:

Thanatos

Ik heb de kans gekregen een Yggdrasil te lenen voor een paar dagen.

De Gungnir is goed, dit is echt wow..

Gelijk koud al direct een aantal grote verschillen in presentatie. Laag is voller lijkt en met meer detail. Geheel niet scherp en tonaal zoals de Gungnir MB maar een soundstage en midrange waar je echt voor gaat zitten glimlachen.

Nu SE aangesloten terwijl Schiit gebalanceerd aanbeveelt. Helaas is mijn huidige amp niet gebalanceerd dus daar ligt nog wat ongebruikte potentie zelfs..

Topper, nu budget vinden en ook een bestellen  :wow: :D

Kjelt

Ik zie dit topic nu pas, zier er uit als een hele interessante dac.
Quote from: J.S. on May  7, 2015, 19:26:54
Volgens mij is het geen 21-bit DAC maar is de maximale resolutie die daadwerkelijk weergegeven wordt 21 bit. Dit is inderdaad hoog, kijk bijvoorbeeld maar eens naar de meetgegevens van John Atkinson van Stereophile: de echte top-dacs zitten allemaal rond de 19-20 bit.
Zover als ik snel zie gebruiken ze twee AD5791s per kanaal, dit zijn 20 echte bit dacs dus twee parallel geeft dan een 21 bit resolutie.
Deze dacs kosten serieus geld rond de €90 per stuk als je er een paar wilt kopen. Zij nemen grote aantallen af waardoor het iets goedkoper wordt maar toch. Zijn erg mooie dacs.

Sonority audio

Quote"Based on my experience with countless DACs and after spending a couple months with the Yggdrasil, I can say without a doubt that this DAC is very special. It's one of my favorite DACs available today. In fact, I will happily mention the Yggdrasil in the same sentence as some of my other favorites, the Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC RS ($16,000) and the EMM Labs DAC2X ($15,500), when talking to fellow audio enthusiasts. The Yggdrasil is one of those products that subtly grabs hold of the listener, yet the listener is the one who can't let go. I couldn't stop listening through the Yggdrasil enough to write this review on time."

"The Yggdrasil has a really solid yet simplistic build quality on the outside and very selective component use on the inside. However, I believe the Yggdrasil's performance has much more to do with intellectual property than any other factor. Any manufacturer can use identical hardware in a competing product, but only Schiit Audio has its closed-form filter."

"The Yggdrasil is a disruptive product that I can't recommend enough to both new and experienced music aficionados. Add to cart and enjoy."

Read Full Review ->
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/670-schiit-audio-yggdrasil-multibit-dac-review/

Sonority audio

QuoteConclusions

Letting the comparison to Msb Analog Dac aside, Schiit Yggdrasil is a great dac with excellent price / performance ratio. If you want good and technical R2R sound, I am not sure you can find another DAC at that price to fit the bill.

I also must punctuate that Yggy is surely an excellent step in the right direction from a DAC evolution point of view, maybe one of the most important ones in the last years,  so I do hope that more companies learn from them. You can get even more performance out of this DAC with a good external USB Interface / transport.

It offers a natural, well textured, detailed and very enjoyable sound that is generally hard to find in Delta Sigma DACs today and I must congratulate Schiit Audio for that!

http://headmania.org/2015/08/18/schiit-yggdrasil-dac-review/

Sonority audio

Kleine update !! (maar ook even hier)

omdat wij vaak de vraag krijgen mbt verkrijgbaarheid..

vanwege de grote vraag/bestellingen werken wij nog steeds met backorders!!(dit al vanaf juli vorig jaar)
Beschikbaarheid:  (backorders go first)

wat we kunnen bestellen is al verkocht voordat we het hier hebben.
voor ons een goede zaak natuurlijk,natuurlijk doen we ons best om zoveel mogelijk Schiit Yggdrassils hierheen te krijgen.

de vraag overtreft gewoon het aanbod! :thumbs-up:

dus het kan zijn dat er een paar weken levertijd is.

Mordante