Premiere next.....

Started by J.A.F._Doorhof, April 4, 2013, 09:13:38

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.F._Doorhof

Misschien leuk, sorry dat het in engels is, maar wilde het niet weer vertalen :D

Been test-driving the new Adobe Premiere for a while now and today you will see some more news on it online from different sources I think.

As you know I'm mainly a photographer so I don't often dive into after effects, speedgrade etc. so let's just very quickly point you to some things that I think are interesting for photographers that also film.

1. Multicam
This has improved a lot for me.
Even without time code you can now very quickly sync on audio, I use plural eyes for this normally which works like a charm but it's a different plugin and creates extra folders and things to keep an eye out for.
I've done some tests with the new MC feature and must say that I love it. Today we're gonna shoot the final part of the new "The DOORhof is always open" videowebpodcast and this just speeds it up for me.

2. Looks
Standard video is.... well standard video.
Premiere now has something called Lumetri Deep Color Engine included inside Premiere which makes it very easy to create the look you want in seconds, just drag and drop on the timeline, normally you can also choose to include plugins of course but they are all "extra money" and this is now included in Premiere and the looks they provide are of course not as a good as let's say Red Giants software, but... they are great to start with.

3. New timeline look and editing
There is not only a cosmetic change here, but also the way you work is slightly different, it's not like Final Cut ProX (thank you, never really got used to the interface when doing loads of editing, but that's my problem I don't do it every day I guess) but it is a lot easier to use and it looks more "modern" for what it's worth.

What's also very handy is the new "Blue line" which will show you if duplicate frames/material are used (something that can happen very quickly when a time line grows).

4. new relink
Relink has been revamped for finding "offline" material.

5. New Audio
VST3 plugins are now supported, loudness monitoring is build in and a clip mixer is now included to make adjustments on a clip by clip basis.

Overall also the speed should go up CONSIDERABLY due to the support of more GPU and for Nvidia card owners you don't have to "hack" your system anymore (although it's at your own risk).

I'm more than happy with the new release and although I don't edit a lot there are at least more than a few enhancements that I look forward to to be using on a daily basis :D

Make sure to check it out.
www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"

Erik

Test is uitgevoerd op PC en/of Mac?
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
- Winston Churchill

Kingpin

Mainset : Kingpin TVC Preamplifier, Kingpin Tripath Amplifier, Logitech Squeezebox Touch, Kingpin Touch LiPo Power Supply, Metrum NOS DAC Quad, Kingpin Metrum Power Supply, MiniDSP DDRC-22D, Kingpin miniDSP Power Supply, Kingpin Power Distribution System, Audio Physic Brilon 2.0, Audio Physic Luna I, Apogee Wyde Eye, Copulare Zonal Rack

J.A.F._Doorhof

Het is de opvolger van CS6.
Het is getest op een Mac, maar er zal weinig verschil zitten tussen PC en Mac versies.
www.hometheater.nl   /   ISF & HAA certified
Custom installer

Volledige ISF calibraties inclusief HDR en 4K.

"Omdat je je iets niet kan voorstellen betekent dat niet dat het niet kan gebeuren"

Kingpin

Hoop dat deze ook de FirePro kaarten ondersteunt wbt hardware (net als Cuda van Nvidia).
Zelf gebruik ik Premiere CS5 in combinatie met MBL en Digital Juice.
Ben benieuwd.
Mainset : Kingpin TVC Preamplifier, Kingpin Tripath Amplifier, Logitech Squeezebox Touch, Kingpin Touch LiPo Power Supply, Metrum NOS DAC Quad, Kingpin Metrum Power Supply, MiniDSP DDRC-22D, Kingpin miniDSP Power Supply, Kingpin Power Distribution System, Audio Physic Brilon 2.0, Audio Physic Luna I, Apogee Wyde Eye, Copulare Zonal Rack

donaldk

CS 6 en opvolger 6.5 ondersteunen ook OpenCL, naast Cuda, dus dat doet ie al een jaar, NAB betekent weer nieuwe versies.

Kingpin

Binnenkort maar eens upgraden dan, eens kijken waar mijn FirePro kaart voor in staat is.

Erik

Je kan toch zien in de nieuwe specs of jouw kaart ondersteundwordt? Dat lijkt me slimmer dan eerst kopen en dan kijken of het sneller werkt.....
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
- Winston Churchill

Kingpin

Quote from: Erik on April  5, 2013, 12:00:24
Je kan toch zien in de nieuwe specs of jouw kaart ondersteundwordt? Dat lijkt me slimmer dan eerst kopen en dan kijken of het sneller werkt.....
Ik had al een FirePro kaart vanwege de 30bits kleur ondersteuning.
Deze heeft OpenGL4.2 en OpenCL1.1